Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drew Stubbs... Recalled?

Re: Drew Stubbs... Recalled?

I'd have planted Dickerson's butt in CF for the rest of the season. Wlad in RF, Gomes in RF, Nix the 4th OF. Maybe Stubbs is the right choice, but teh Dusty will not start him right away, that would disrespect Nix. Of cours he'd have no problem starting him over Dickerson, who is likely a much better player offensively, and maybe a tick below him defensively.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'd have planted Dickerson's butt in CF for the rest of the season. Wlad in RF, Gomes in RF, Nix the 4th OF. Maybe Stubbs is the right choice, but teh Dusty will not start him right away, that would disrespect Nix. Of cours he'd have no problem starting him over Dickerson, who is likely a much better player offensively, and maybe a tick below him defensively.
    He is starting tonight

I would have no problem with Dickerson the rest of the year also but the Reds do not seem to be as sold as some of the posters here so might as well see what Stubbs has got.
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Dickerson

.267 / .362 / .370 / .732

Stubbs

.268 / .353 / .360 / .713

Though Dickerson certainly plays one level higher, I'm not seeing much better of anything between the two. Obviously I would agree that Dickerson is more likely to be trusted at this level, but their rates are very, very similar all across the board. If nothing else, Stubbs 24 years old and has the frame to support a lot of additional power gain (though it remains to be seen if it will ever come).
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Dickerson

.267 / .362 / .370 / .732

Stubbs

.268 / .353 / .360 / .713

Though Dickerson certainly plays one level higher, I'm not seeing much better of anything between the two. Obviously I would agree that Dickerson is more likely to be trusted at this level, but their rates are very, very similar all across the board. If nothing else, Stubbs 24 years old and has the frame to support a lot of additional power gain (though it remains to be seen if it will ever come).
    Stubbs is the better defender though, and has the edge on the bases too.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Stubbs is the better defender though, and has the edge on the bases too.
    Oh I know. I was just responding to the offensive side of it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I wish him luck. Backing into the majors is not what I had hoped but now's his chance.

I would have hoped the Reds would have chosen a time that his confidence was high. He's basically tall Taveras right now at the plate.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I wish him luck. Backing into the majors is not what I had hoped but now's his chance.

I would have hoped the Reds would have chosen a time that his confidence was high. He's basically tall Taveras right now at the plate.
    I wouldn't go that far. He may have played like that for a two week stretch or so, but thats not quite Taveras 2+ years running.

I think a call up is probably one of the best slump busters out there other than actually goiing out and getting a slump buster.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I think a call up is probably one of the best slump busters out there other than actually goiing out and getting a slump buster.
    What are these slump busters you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What are these slump busters you speak of?
    You have never heard of a slump buster? I dont even know if I could word it well enough here with out maybe getting into some trouble.

You have never heard of a slump buster? I dont even know if I could word it well enough here with out maybe getting into some trouble.
    I know what one is, hence the winking guy. I just thought it was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I know what one is, hence the winking guy. I just thought it was hilarious.
    I was thinking to myself "no way he doesnt know what a slump buster is"

Stubbs with his first hit on a bit of a bloop down the right field line that he cruised into second for.

He got around to 2nd pretty quick. I thought it was going to be a close play. I was surprised.

He got around to 2nd pretty quick. I thought it was going to be a close play. I was surprised.
    Same, he really is a speed demon.

Turn Off Ads?