Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Re: 2014 NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    He is a smart dude for sure. And I have a feeling he'd tell you how smart he is. Might even tell you he is the smartest man on earth. Of course his SEA coach seems to encourage this behavior. And I have to wonder if his college coach encouraged it too.

I am a bit older than you. There used to be a time when you were taught to act humble and come across as a good sport. You would get benched and/or run laps at practice (until you puked) for not acting this way. I know the times have changed and it is not a change for the better. The "biggest play of his life" does not work for me. Check out postgame interviews of Super Bowls before the roman numerals included an "L" in it. Biggest game ever for a lot of those players and they are the furthest thing from Sherman. They act like real men and not PUNKS.
    You mean like that fellow Namath? Don't remember him getting benched or running laps. Don't remember anyone calling him a "punk" either. Then there was this guy Cassius Clay... a real humble fellow. I do remember folks calling him some bad names though. Back in the day, when men were men.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 01-21-2014 at 12:24 AM.

2. Likes:

bigredmechanism (01-23-2014),RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-21-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    You mean like that fellow Namath? Don't remember him getting benched or running laps. Don't remember anyone calling him a "punk" either. Then there was this guy Cassius Clay... a real humble fellow. I do remember folks calling him some bad names though. Back in the day, when men were men.
    Really grasped for those names, didn't you?

I know Joe predicted victory. Not sure he belittled the Colts while doing it or said, "Me, me, me... look at me. I am the best in the game. The Colts are medicore." Sound a bit more truthful?

Clay/Ali. Sonny Liston took a dive. It is boxing. You know "a sport" where mafia types run the show. I am talking real sports. Not the WWF before the WWF.

Sherman called the 49ers mediocre? I thought he called a WR that insulted him during the offseason mediocre.

Ty Cobb was a pretty bad guy.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Sherman called the 49ers mediocre? I thought he called a WR that insulted him during the offseason mediocre.

Ty Cobb was a pretty bad guy.
    I guess if one of your starting WRs is mediocre, then that says a lot about the team. Bottom-line he made an arse out of himself and looked selfish for doing it. And he has issued an apology that admits to it. I have no problem with fans of Monday Night Raw. Just keep it off the football field. And I commend Sherman for apologizing. Football is very emotional. A lot of things in life are very emotional. When you lose control of your emotions in anything, then it is time to step back and take a deep breath. It looks like Sherman has done that.

WTH does TY Cobb have to do with this? Rae Carruth was pretty bad too.

Just an example of a thug from "back in the day"

It's funny that the biggest cheater in the NFL is complaining about a legal pick. Funnier, and the announcers even commented on it, was that the Patriots had a receiver do the exact same thing in another series.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Really grasped for those names, didn't you?

I know Joe predicted victory. Not sure he belittled the Colts while doing it or said, "Me, me, me... look at me. I am the best in the game. The Colts are medicore." Sound a bit more truthful?

Clay/Ali. Sonny Liston took a dive. It is boxing. You know "a sport" where mafia types run the show. I am talking real sports. Not the WWF before the WWF.
    Namath guaranteed that the Jets would win and, IIRC, he also remarked that there were five quarterbacks in the AFL who were better than Earl Morrall, the then Colts QB who was also the NFL MVP. I don't recall if Namath ever specified who were the five AFL QBS who were better than Morrall, but I would guess he would have included Len Dawson, Daryle Lamonica, John Hadl and of course Namath in that group. Bob Griese eventually would be a better QB than Morrall but as of 1968 I am not sure Griese was better.
    Edit:
    I have done some online research since the above post. Various sources record that Namath said that anywhere from 4 to 6 QBs in the AFL were better than Morrall, who would be a third stringer on the '68 Jets, and that Namath specifically said that Lamonica was a better passer than Morrall. Those are debatable but not outrageous claims IMO. Something I didn't know: A nubmer of MLB teams, including the Reds had been interested in Namath, a three sport high school athlete, before he went to Alabama to play football.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 01-21-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

10. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (01-21-2014),Revering4Blue (01-21-2014)

Still haven't heard anyone talking about the guy in street clothes on the 49ers sidelines who clothes lined Lane during a punt coverage. Is this an accepted practice now in the NFL?

A little trash talk from Sherman immediately after winning the NFL championship game.......bad!

Using guys in street clothes to take out opposing players......not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Still haven't heard anyone talking about the guy in street clothes on the 49ers sidelines who clothes lined Lane during a punt coverage. Is this an accepted practice now in the NFL?

A little trash talk from Sherman immediately after winning the NFL championship game.......bad!

Using guys in street clothes to take out opposing players......not so much.
    LOL. A little trash talk? The guy made a fool of himself

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    LOL. A little trash talk? The guy made a fool of himself
    A matter of opinion.

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-21-2014)

I hope the NFL and officials do a little better job of officiating the "pick" play that Denver runs ad nauseam.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    A matter of opinion.
    Bragging about shutting down a mediocre WR is making an idiot of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I hope the NFL and officials do a little better job of officiating the "pick" play that every team runs ad nauseam.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

indyscott (01-21-2014),Revering4Blue (01-21-2014),Wonderful Monds (01-21-2014)

America:

"I am offended, therefore I am right."

20. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (01-21-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by indyscott View Post
    Bragging about shutting down a mediocre WR is making an idiot of yourself.
    within 3 minutes of making the best play of your life and still flying sky high on adrenaline

Turn Off Ads?