Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Make it 9

Make it 9

According to Lance's blog the 9th Bengal was arrested last night. Johnathan Joseph was arrested for possession of marijuana. Why am I still shocked everytime I hear about this? It will be interesting to see how the new "Tough Marvin" handles this. Joseph is probablly one of the core 5 the Bengals need to build around.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Re: Make it 9

I want to laugh. I really do. The whole "I'm above the law, I need to portray my culture" BS really irks me. It's seems to be more prevalent in the NFL. The problem is the penalties are of little deterrence, IMO.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

But it's not 9 this year, see... when do we get to move back to 0 on the rolling calendar year?

Soon? Hopefully? because once we get into the double digits, I fear people might find something to talk about.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Will it ever stop?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5854

January 22, 2007

Posted: 11:20 a.m.

Bengals cornerback Johnathan Joseph was arrested in Boone County, Kentucky overnight on a marijuana possession charge. According to reports Joseph was a passenger in a car that was pulled over for weaving on the road. Police searched the vehicle and found marijuana.

Joseph becomes the ninth Bengals player to be arrested since December 15, 2005. According to league policy, as a first offense Joseph faces a fine but no suspension.

Porkchop Sandwiches

That sucks. It seems he is a victim of the company he keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    But it's not 9 this year, see... when do we get to move back to 0 on the rolling calendar year?

Soon? Hopefully? because once we get into the double digits, I fear people might find something to talk about.
    I thought it was a rolling 12-month time period....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

For a Level Playing Field

So this is the 2nd Bengals player caught with mary-jane this year? I guess it goes to show you what a joke the NFL's drug testing really is.

A friend of a friend is the brother of a long time NFL QB vet. This vet liked to partake in mary-jane. This vet was informed by his team a good two months in advance when he would be tested. Plenty of time for the partaker to clean up the urine that would be taken. Just goes to show you how stupid or addicted those who fail the tests really are (Odell?). I think it is obvious that the testing is a joke. Look... two Bengals (Joseph & Henry) caught with mary-jane, but no one has failed an NFL administered test. Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    So this is the 2nd Bengals player caught with mary-jane this year? I guess it goes to show you what a joke the NFL's drug testing really is.

A friend of a friend is the brother of a long time NFL QB vet. This vet liked to partake in mary-jane. This vet was informed by his team a good two months in advance when he would be tested. Plenty of time for the partaker to clean up the urine that would be taken. Just goes to show you how stupid or addicted those who fail the tests really are (Odell?). I think it is obvious that the testing is a joke. Look... two Bengals (Joseph & Henry) caught with mary-jane, but no one has failed an NFL administered test. Strange?
    I know for 100% fact that college athletes are told well in advance for steroid/recreational drug tests.
    It's a sham.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Release, please.

We need a zero tolerance on criminal activity this year, even if it means dismantling the team.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

So funny we are riding these guys for smoking pot but then we are praising alcohol usage on another thread.

I know marijuana is illegal, but geesh, anybody who has smoked pot knows it's safer than alcohol in many ways.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-22-2007 at 01:19 PM.

Safer, maybe... but still illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Release, please.

We need a zero tolerance on criminal activity this year, even if it means dismantling the team.
    So throw away last year's first round pick because he was in a car with a pot smoker? I'm all for tightening up the discipline, but let's not go off the deep end.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Safer, maybe... but still illegal.
    So he got arrested doing something we all have done and know is safer.

It's not like he raped or beat up somebody.

I wish it never would have happened and it will be interesting to see how Marvin handles it, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over a marijuana arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    doing something we all have done and know is safer.
    Might want to speak for yourself on that one.

Turn Off Ads?