Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Halladay throws 2nd postseason no-hitter in history to beat Reds in Game 1

Re: Halladay throws 2nd postseason no-hitter in history to beat Reds in Game 1

If the Reds reacted the way this board does the season would have ended after Atlanta. Halladay had it going tonight and I'm not ashamed they got no hit. I'm sorry I'm not going to freak out yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I know Dusty gave more legitimate reasons for his decision to start him in this big game than you just gave for your opinion. Of course, Dusty's first reason, legitimate or not, was more than you just gave.
    Hey, TR. I wasn't questioning Dusty, so get off your high horse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    In a strange sort of way, I almost am looking forward to seeing Oswalt and Hamels after tonight.

I mean honestly, it can't get any worse than how things went this evening.
    Oswalt could just not walk Jay Bruce...
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Admittedly, I spent most of the last 2 innings just laughing at the futility of it all.

Only positive to come out of it: this Reds team responds to crap situations better than any team I've followed. Blow big leads? No worries. Get swept by the Cardinals after running your mouths? Not a problem.

They'll lose this series, but it won't be because they go into some tailspin after being no-hit.
    Posts like this are non-sensical. Anyone who watches baseball regularly, should understand that there is ALWAYS a chance. For example, even tonioght the Reds had at least a 40% chance of winning going in. Win on friday and we are back to square one.
    Tonight hurt, but its still just one game out of 5.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

In a strange sort of way, I almost am looking forward to seeing Oswalt and Hamels after tonight.

I mean honestly, it can't get any worse than how things went this evening.
    I have been looking forward to facing Oswalt each time we have so far this year

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Posts like this are non-sensical. Anyone who watches baseball regularly, should understand that there is ALWAYS a chance. For example, even tonioght the Reds had at least a 40% chance of winning going in. Win on friday and we are back to square one.
    Tonight hurt, but its still just one game out of 5.
    What's non-sensical? Of course the Reds, theoretically, have a shot -- but the Phillies are simply a better ballclub. I expected Philly would win this series, I still expect Philly to win this series, but I don't expect the Reds will just roll over and die because they got no hit. I expect the Reds to come out and make a game of it on Friday.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    A bit premature, but anyone think that one of Volquez/Cueto will be traded for another "piece" this winter.
    Yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Volquez traded for an outfielder. I don't think the Reds brass have faith in Heisey and the guys in the minors aren't ready yet. Nix is probably a goner and Gomes probably should be. I think they think they are set a short with Cabrera (who they will re-sign) and Janish. Bailey could also go, but they won't trade both. Cueto stays regardless at least for awhile. But, probably none of this will happen.
    Last edited by WVRedsFan; 10-06-2010 at 09:11 PM.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    What's non-sensical? Of course the Reds, theoretically, have a shot -- but the Phillies are simply a better ballclub. I expected Philly would win this series, I still expect Philly to win this series, but I don't expect the Reds will just roll over and die because they got no hit. I expect the Reds to come out and make a game of it on Friday.
    Non sensical is making fact based posts around opinions.
    The Phillies are the better team.
    That doesn't always count in a 5 game series.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This.

The Reds have responded well to an adverse situation all season. They were swept by the Cardinals and people started to hand the central crown to the Redbirds, and the Reds reeled off 17 out of 21 wins to take control of first.

The Reds were swept by the Phillies in this same ballpark right before the all-star break, and everybody expected the wheels to come flying off. They didn't.

Friday will be do-or-die. If the Reds don't show up Friday, Philly will clinch no later than Tuesday when Halladay faces us again in Cincinnati.
    The difference between what happened then and what happened tonight, is that they dropped 4 games in one, and 3 in another, and then turned it around. Try that now, and we can start talking about Spring Training. I see this as a little more than adversity, this was history. Nobody listen to Colin Cowherd tommorow.....or anytime he's ever right for a while, this is gonna rehash on his show for a long time.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see Volquez traded for an outfielder. I don't think the Reds brass have faith in Heisey and the guys in the minors aren't rady yet. Nix is probably a goner and Gomes probably should be. I think they think they are set a short with Cabrera (who they will re-sign) and Janish. Bailey could also go, but they won't trade both. Cueto stays regardless at least for awhile. But, probably none of this will happen.
    Well, unless they plan on going with a 7 man rotation next year, something will happen. Really none of their current starters are bullpen arms, so that's out. They could keep Chapman in the pen but I don't think they gave him $30 to not give him a chance to be a dominant starter.

My guess is that two of Bailey, Volquez and Arroyo are gone.If nothing else they could always pick up Bronson's option, trade him and send the $2 million along and get back a better return than just letting him walk with $2 million.

I don't think the season is over, but it doesn't make what just happend any less crappy.

Gomes needs to stay out of LF too. Start Nix in game 2 and Heisey in game 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I don't think the season is over, but it doesn't make what just happend any less crappy.

Dude, Gomes is the starting LF. Give it a rest, man. Just cope with it. We're in game No. 164 now and people are still complaining about him starting.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Jose Maloney

He'll work it out.
    It is way too early to write off Volquez. While watching the Twins' Liriano pitch against the Yankees, I'm reminded he had his TJ surgery in November of 2006 and is finally back to pre-surgery form. Outside of Josh Johnson, I can't think of a pitcher who has come back as quickly as Volquez and been immediately successful.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Dude, Gomes is the starting LF. Give it a rest, man. Just cope with it. We're in game No. 164 now and people are still complaining about him starting.
    The man struck out 3 times on 9 pitches tonight. Literally anybody could do that. Add in his defense and that's what you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?