Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects

Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects

from Kevin Goldstein. Lots to talk about here, including:

22. Billy Hamilton - should be about 50 spots lower IMO
    24. Devin Mesoraco - should be about 15 spots higher IMO
    38. Yaz Grandal - seems about right, maybe a little high IMO
    43. Josh Bell - he would look GREAT in Dayton this year
    54. Daniel Norris - the guy I really wanted, along with Josh Bell, in last year's draft*
    86. Yonder Alonso - should be about 30-40 spots higher IMO

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=16020

* must note (as always) that I still really like Stephenson
    Last edited by Benihana; 02-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects

Why did you include guys you wanted the Reds to draft here?

I agree that Hamilton is far too high and Mesoraco is far too low. Alonso being in the Top 100 is actually a bit of a surprise given how little credit KG gives first baseman.

Re: Baseball Prospectus Top 101 Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why did you include guys you wanted the Reds to draft here?

I agree that Hamilton is far too high and Mesoraco is far too low. Alonso being in the Top 100 is actually a bit of a surprise given how little credit KG gives first baseman.
    Jeez, Doug. He did it because he wanted to ldo. It's just conversation. Let it go, man. Or don't. But pointing that stuff out is why you sometimes rub people the wrong way. (It doesn't rub me the wrong way, personally, but just in case you were wondering . . .)

edit: It looks like someone else said "Geez, Doug" in this forum less than half an hour ago. That's kind of funny.

edit2: I recognize that it's hypocritical for me call someone out on rubbing people the wrong way. I'm not accusing anyone of doing it intentionally. I'm not even saying there's something wrong with it. I just wanted to mention it in case it was something you hadn't already known. It's not like you're the only one here who does it.
    Last edited by camisadelgolf; 02-13-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Turn Off Ads?