Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: 2013 NHL Season!!!!

Tim Thomas is going to get whiplash.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Tim Thomas is going to get whiplash.
    hahaha

Tonights game is about as perfect of a game as a NHL team can play. Even with the penalties the Blues took, they put on a clinic on how to penalty kill. Blues dominated every single aspect of the game and it wasn't even close. Great 7-0 win.

Wow, Peter Laviolette was just fired from the Flyers. It seems like the NHL has the most in season coaching firings of any sport in North America:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/97...ource-confirms

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Wow, Peter Laviolette was just fired from the Flyers. It seems like the NHL has the most in season coaching firings of any sport in North America:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/97...ource-confirms
    And in a city well-known for patient fans -- surprise, surprise.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

6. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-07-2013)

Go Avs!

I'm loving the Patrick Roy coaching change and Nathan MacKinnon is going to be a superstar. This team is going to be fun to follow for a long time.

8. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-07-2013)

Wife is treating me to a weekend in Chicago coming up. Home games on Friday and Saturday night against the Isles and Sabres. Should be a fun weekend.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

10. Likes:

MikeThierry (10-07-2013),Patrick Bateman (10-07-2013),Revering4Blue (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Go Avs!

I'm loving the Patrick Roy coaching change and Nathan MacKinnon is going to be a superstar. This team is going to be fun to follow for a long time.
    That is one of the best stories this year in my opinion. Do you think it can continue or do you think it's a young team playing hard for their new coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Wife is treating me to a weekend in Chicago coming up. Home games on Friday and Saturday night against the Isles and Sabres. Should be a fun weekend.
    Fantastic. Enjoy, my friend! Nothing beats that atmosphere.

13. Likes:

Joseph (10-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Fantastic. Enjoy, my friend! Nothing beats that atmosphere.
    You can say that again. I love it every time.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

That is one of the best stories this year in my opinion. Do you think it can continue or do you think it's a young team playing hard for their new coach?
    They have some serious talent on that team - young, highly drafted talent. MacKinnon, Duchene, O'reilly, Johnson, Landeskog, Varlomov. And some key vets too, like Parenteau, Downie, Bordeleau, McGinn and Stastny (who I think will be traded mid-season for D help). And the return of Alex Tanguay is much welcome. Not only can he help the young kids but it's fun to see the old Stanley Cup guys come back and finish their careers in Denver (Forsberg, Foote).

I think they'll pleasantly surprise this year. But next year and the years beyond, look out!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    They have some serious talent on that team - young, highly drafted talent. MacKinnon, Duchene, O'reilly, Johnson, Landeskog, Varlomov. And some key vets too, like Parenteau, Downie, Bordeleau, McGinn and Stastny (who I think will be traded mid-season for D help). And the return of Alex Tanguay is much welcome. Not only can he help the young kids but it's fun to see the old Stanley Cup guys come back and finish their careers in Denver (Forsberg, Foote).

I think they'll pleasantly surprise this year. But next year and the years beyond, look out!
    Question for them is how fast will Elliot and Barrie improve to take control of the D core? Last season it was an absolute mess and made it real hard for the forwards to get consistent puck possession. The forwards have a lot of talent and are already competing at a high level in the NHL. But time has proven EJ isn't the guy to steer the ship (probably more of a second pair guy at this point), and the rest are just roster filler. They will begin competing when the calvary arrive on the back end. Same issue Edmonton has had trouble solving.

Until then, will be fun hockey with lots of goals on both ends.

Good god how bad was the Erik Johnson trade for the Avs? I'm sure he's a decent guy but the Blues got the ultimate win thus far with that trade.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Real gem here from Jonathan Quick.

http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-co...ling-error.gif
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

The Rangers finally started playing some hockey last night. It's about time. They've still got 7 more games left on their season-opening 9-game road trip.

BTW, thanks to the Blue Jackets for Derick Brassard and John Moore. Those kids can play.

Meanwhile the Flyers canned their coach and elevated legendary goon Craig Berube. It's going to be Slapshot 2.0 in Philly.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good god how bad was the Erik Johnson trade for the Avs? I'm sure he's a decent guy but the Blues got the ultimate win thus far with that trade.
    That was a terrible trade on the day it was made and it just keeps getting worse. Shattenkirk alone would have been a steal for Johnson (Shatty likely will be QBing the U.S. power play at the Olympics this winter), but to get Stewart too?

On the flip side, I'm shocked the Blues didn't get more for David Perron. Other teams should have lined up for that guy (e.g. Montreal, Florida, Islanders).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?