Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blue Wahoos officially approved

Blue Wahoos officially approved

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Blue Wahoos officially approved

If this is their stadium it looks like a nice one. http://www.maritimepark.us/mp/N20.html

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If this is their stadium it looks like a nice one. http://www.maritimepark.us/mp/N20.html

This park is going to be one of the more attractive parks in the Southern League. The park has been under construction for a while and the completion date is January 2012.

http://pensacolabaseball.com/maritimepark.html

There are pictures of the construction attached above. The Reds AA affiliate should be in good hands for some time to come. And yes, my wife and I plan to see a couple of games in Pensacola next year. The beaches there are not bad either.

Apparently the Pensacola Blue Wahoo team logo is complete and has been submitted to MiLB for review. I'm anxious to see what they came up with.

I say we should organize a RedsZone.com caravan to Pensacola early next spring. Spring break?

Anyone on here a travel agent? Get a nice bus and some cheap group rate hotel rooms.

Does this do anything to appease the people with vacation homes in FLA that saw the Reds as a benefit? I remember the fuss they created when ST was moved to AZ.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Does this do anything to appease the people with vacation homes in FLA that saw the Reds as a benefit? I remember the fuss they created when ST was moved to AZ.
    I doubt it. Pensacola's about 500 miles away from Sarasota.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Received the following blurb from the Pensacola club...

On deck...mark your calendars for Gallery Night, November 18th, 2011. That evening we will be unveiling the Blue Wahoos team logo, as well as putting special Blue Wahoo merchandise on sale - just in time for the Holidays!

I'm anxious to see what they came up with.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

The Reds only have a player development deal with the Pensacola franchise through 2012, correct?

-The Insider-

As of right now, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Good article and thanks for posting. Opening Day there should be very exciting.

Don't want to bore you guys too much but the Carolina Mudcats named their 2012 manager...rather significant I believe...

CLEVELAND, OH - The Cleveland Indians today named Edwin Rodriguez as Manager of the Class-A Advanced Carolina Mudcats of the Carolina League.

Rodriguez, 51, compiled a two-year managerial record of 78-85 (.479) over his two seasons as Manager of the Florida Marlins from June 23, 2010 to June 18, 2011, becoming the first Puerto Rican-born manager in Major League history. Prior to his stint as Marlins skipper he managed in the Florida Player Development System from 2005-2010,first joining the Marlins in 2004 as hitting coach for the then Double-A Mudcats.

In 2004, Rodriguez mentored future major leaguers Josh Willingham and Chip Ambres as the Mudcats finished 73-66. He then spent time as manager of the Marlins' Gulf Coast rookie league team (2005-2006), Class-A Greensboro Grasshoppers (2007-2008) and Triple-A New Orleans Zephyrs (2008-2010).

-The Insider-

Just a tidbit about Edwin. Everyone I have talked to in the Marlins organization loved him. I'm looking forward to him returning to Zebulon.

I'm not a big gear guy, but thought some people might like a look and/or a crack at the new Blue Wahoos cap.

http://www.theclinkroom.com/

Turn Off Ads?