Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scott Rolen

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Scott Rolen

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    The Reds' record has nothing to do with my thoughts on Scott Rolen. Scott Rolen's performance (through the last season and a half, not just 10 games) is what leads to my thoughts on Scott Rolen.

You seem to have a little difficulty understanding the difference, but I sure don't.
    Listen man. You asked what my reference to "the sky is falling" had to do with this thread. And I told you. I have no difficulty in understanding any thing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Listen man. You asked what my reference to "the sky is falling" had to do with this thread. And I told you. I have no difficulty in understanding any thing.
    Well since you can't seem to understand that thoughts about Scott Rolen have nothing to do with "the sky falling" -- and as the OP I can absolutely say that the thread was started with no such thought -- apparently you do.

Well since you can't seem to understand that thoughts about Scott Rolen have nothing to do with "the sky falling" -- and as the OP I can absolutely say that the thread was started with no such thought -- apparently you do.
    Well evidently you know more about me than I do. Get rid of Scott Rolen because we are 4-6. I think the thread was absolutely started because of offensive futilility and the poor start.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well evidently you know more about me than I do. Get rid of Scott Rolen because we are 4-6. I think the thread was absolutely started because of offensive futilility and the poor start.
    YOU think the thread was started because.......????

lol, I was the one who started the thread. Therefore, you can take my word on why it was started.

It was started because the Nats walked Votto twice and struck out Rolen both times, and because I haven't seen Rolen do anything remarkable on offense for a couple of years now. Nothing to do with 4-6.

But hey, I'm just the OP, what do I know?

how did encarnacion do tonite, oh he hit a home run but that does not matter because rolen is good in the clubhouse

Quote Originally Posted by read favorite View Post
    how did encarnacion do tonite, oh he hit a home run but that does not matter because rolen is good in the clubhouse
    While on topic,

Edwin since trade: .259 BA, .787 OPS, 281 games

Rolen: .264 BA, .773 OPS, 248 games

Although Rolen's salary is twice as large, he was gold glove in 2010. At this point the trade looks slightly in Toronto's favor but it's not a runaway.

Scott Rolen walked 10 times in 269 at bats last year. What we pay him is not worth 10 walks and 1.4 WAR. Not even close. There is much much better value out there. If you think a .242 hitter who walks less then 4% of the time with an OBP under .300 is worth six million dollars and batting clean up, then you're insane. Rolen's numbers won't be much different than last year.

YOU think the thread was started because.......????

lol, I was the one who started the thread. Therefore, you can take my word on why it was started.

It was started because the Nats walked Votto twice and struck out Rolen both times, and because I haven't seen Rolen do anything remarkable on offense for a couple of years now. Nothing to do with 4-6.

But hey, I'm just the OP, what do I know?
    LOL man!!!!!!!! Touche.

KD1476

I am not making excuses for the guy, but I always thought his numbers were down because of the shoulder, I wanted to believe after the surgery he could get back to the performance he had his first year with us. I am now starting to believe this is not possible and even questioning whether he maybe hurt again. He was given the day off on Fri or Saturday, I cannot remember, which one? I thought that was odd, rest already? Normally, Dusty gives him a wed. or thur. game off ( afternoon or Sunday).

Rolen has sucked for like 1.5 seasons now.

but he is a good leader heck of a boy scout

Rolen is done and I think he knows it. He is 6'4 245lbs and is now a Judy hitter.
    3 HR's after Allstar break in 2010, and 5 in 2011.
    Hannigan had 6 last year, Cairo 8, and Frazier 6.

too bad I had this fraud correct two years ago

Turn Off Ads?