Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Adam 'Pacman' Jones given YET ANOTHER chance

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Adam 'Pacman' Jones given YET ANOTHER chance

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3713779

So much for that new policy, Goodell....I guess it only applies to SOME players
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 11-20-2008 at 09:16 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Adam 'Pacman' Jones given YET ANOTHER chance

FWIW, NFL fans down here don't seem to mind.
    /r/reds

I think it would've been hard to suspend him for life off of an incident where no laws were broken. Basically it was a six game suspension for a scuffle. He should be gone, and probably will do something soon to merit the lifetime ban, but this wasn't it.

And about that policy ... did the league suspend Larry Johnson (KC) for beating up women, or was it the Chiefs? Shouldn't he be gone for a year as well?
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

He plays for the Cowboys. They can do whatever they want. They are America's team. :thumbdown
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    FWIW, NFL fans down here don't seem to mind.
    Nor would fans up in Cincy if he played for their team
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I think it would've been hard to suspend him for life off of an incident where no laws were broken. Basically it was a six game suspension for a scuffle. He should be gone, and probably will do something soon to merit the lifetime ban, but this wasn't it.

And about that policy ... did the league suspend Larry Johnson (KC) for beating up women, or was it the Chiefs? Shouldn't he be gone for a year as well?
    Valid point. It would seem odd to give him the boot for events that didn't break the law. Still, Jones' problem isn't this most recent event, it's that it's a continual string of events in multiple cities, ranging from scuffles to shootings to substance abuse.

At some point, the NFL has to simply say "enough is enough" and determine that this young man simply can't behave himself in a manner suitable for the league. Sad. He's been given the chance to make life comfortable for himself and multiple generations behind him but he seems to be incapable of behaving like a grown man.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Nor would fans up in Cincy if he played for their team

Chris Henry sure doesn't get much love. I think that fans around here are sick of the area being dragged through the mud with its professional and college sports figures. If there was an area that liked their sports figures to be hard working, humble, and keep their noses clean, it would be Cincinnati. The average sports fans would rather have a team full of Sean Caseys than a team of great athletes with "poor" attitudes, winning be damned. That makes it all the more ironic that the Bengals are constantly linked to bad behavior. There are other teams out there with equal or more problems, but when player conduct comes up, the Bengals are on top of the bad list more times than not. Thats just my opinion. Thats the feel I get from talking with other people and who Reds/Bengals/Bearcat/Xavier fans root for. What cracks me up is the fact that Bengals and Bearcat fans (not so much Bearcat fans anymore) hear so much crap from other people, but they seldom fight back. A lot of times, they join in on the ribbing.

If there is one person who looks at this and wonders why Pacman gets another shot, Its Odell Thurman. The guy is simply getting the shaft for being the "example" and not the norm.

Turn Off Ads?