Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

Re: Reds vs. Brewers Tuesday 5/8

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    He's an adult. A big league pitcher. There comes a point that you have to do it. This is not little league. He has the ball in his hands. Leake is younger, smarter, and does not have nearly the arm Bailey has. Leake has gotten the message...Bailey has not.
    Whatever. Leake hasn't done anything other than hope and pray. What message is there to give?

Mes is a HUGE factor of bad catching tonight besides Bailey's breaking stuff not up to speed yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    Mesoraco has no understanding how to get big leaguers out which, being a rookie, I understand.

Doesn't help to catch a guy that has zero confidence in his own ability either.
    Hannigan should start 140 games this season...he won't...and it will cost us.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

3-0 and he strikes him out.

Stubbs should be batting 10th.....

One hit through 3....not looking promising

Looks like he swung at a couple of ball 4s

Tom

He's an adult. A big league pitcher. There comes a point that you have to do it. This is not little league. He has the ball in his hands. Leake is younger, smarter, and does not have nearly the arm Bailey has. Leake has gotten the message...Bailey has not.
    He's a young man who, regardless of his intelligence, lacks the experience in situations like this. If we had a manager like Tony La Russa who called every pitch - knowing full well that his own experience trumps that of his young players - this would not happen.

I love Bailey as much as anyone - he needs a coaching staff that doesn't just say "Here ya go! Go out there and have fun - we won't pull you out of the game if you do poorly!" That's the true 'little league' aspect of this team. A manager and staff that doesn't manage might as well be fans sitting in the dugout.

This is his 84th or 87th start in the big leagues..Homer is what he is...
    That's what I mean. He's fortunate to have had that many starts by the young age that he is right now, but after this season, if he hasn't figured it out, it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post
    He's a young man who, regardless of his intelligence, lacks the experience in situations like this. If we had a manager like Tony La Russa who called every pitch - knowing full well that his own experience trumps that of his young players - this would not happen.

I love Bailey as much as anyone - he needs a coaching staff that doesn't just say "Here ya go! Go out there and have fun - we won't pull you out of the game if you do poorly!" That's the true 'little league' aspect of this team. A manager and staff that doesn't manage might as well be fans sitting in the dugout.
    Lacks experience????? This is his 84th start in the majors???

Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post

I agree with this. I think the Reds know if he hits another organization, it will look bad on them so they wait.

Tom

If I go out and throw 84 terrible games in the majors, would you expect me to suddenly turn it around once I hit that number? Of course not - he has no experience with WINNING. That's what Homer needs, what a manager should be able to give him, and what he would get at a different organization.

Who cares how many starts he has. The Reds mentallity doesn't fit Bailey. Look how his stuff has fallen off after the first inning "Mes". He needs a more hands on approach to pitching, one the Reds don't have. Guys like Mes don't help it out any.

Hannigan should start 140 games this season...he won't...and it will cost us.
    140 is too much. And I agree with how they are using Mesoraco. He's basically assigned to one pitcher to learn his stuff so he can better understand how to call a game. Then he'll get an extra game a week or so.

I just question why he was assigned to the one pitcher that could probably benefit from Hanigan the most.

Homer is throwing is fastball 4-5 MPH slower this inning than the first.

1-2-3 in the third. When did Hanigan enter the game? LOL.

Turn Off Ads?