Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its probably the maximum amount of time they get full field goal attempts. I am sure that he is off on a practice field working on kicks and kickoffs but its a heck of a lot easier to make a FG when no one is coming as opposed to 11 men coming.
    Early camp special teams work is a headache, guys that never played special teams in college are asked to do stuff that they haven't done much before. Plus one third of the players in camp will be gone in four weeks. They spend more time on lining guys up, and roles that occur within each special teams unit. The actual kicking part of this is not as important as the setup and execution leading to the actual kick. At least not at this point of camp.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Are there teams that don't? I was under the impression that PSLs were standard in the NFL. I know the Browns do it. The Bengals didn't invent them. They merely followed the trend. In fact, I suspect teams that don't probably catch hell from other owners for not "maximizing revenue streams." I would never buy NFL season tickets because I'd prefer to buy them for a sport I could take my kids to.
    The Colts don't sell them for season tickets at Lucas Oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    The Colts don't sell them for season tickets at Lucas Oil.
    IIRC, the Colts were getting a direct taxpayer subsidy from the city and/or state when they played at the RCA Dome. Don't know if they still do, but if anyone is going to pay a team to play in their city, I'd prefer it to be the people who go to the games. And before this devolves into a debate about PBS being a "subsidy," I would point out that PBS can and has been used for events beyond just Bengals' games.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

IIRC, the Colts were getting a direct taxpayer subsidy from the city and/or state when they played at the RCA Dome. Don't know if they still do, but if anyone is going to pay a team to play in their city, I'd prefer it to be the people who go to the games. And before this devolves into a debate about PBS being a "subsidy," I would point out that PBS can and has been used for events beyond just Bengals' games.
    Looks like Lucas Oil Stadium is used quite a bit as well:
    http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/calendar/loscal.asp

In fact, it appears it is used more than PBS:
    http://www.bengals.com/schedule/event-calendar.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Looks like Lucas Oil Stadium is used quite a bit as well:
    http://www.lucasoilstadium.com/calendar/loscal.asp

In fact, it appears it is used more than PBS:
    http://www.bengals.com/schedule/event-calendar.html
    That's find and good, but the Bengals were never so brazen as to ask for a direct taxpayer subsidy to keep them from moving out of town. Could you imagine the Bengals or any other Ohio sports team asking state and local governments, "We're making good money here, but it's not quite as much as some of the other teams in the league. Moving to a new city is looking mighty fine right about now, but maybe if you could, say, kick in some money from the taxpayers, we would be happy to stick around long enough for you to come around to building us a fancy new stadium."

That's right. The Irsays claimed they couldn't make enough money playing in the RCA Dome that they were a constant threat to move the team a second time until the government came up with the money to pay the difference between what they were making in the RCA Dome and what they felt they should be making. And this was going on years before Lucas Oil Stadium was built. Had the taxpayer subsidy not been forked over, the Colts would probably be in LA or some other market looking for an NFL team by now. They've been suckling at the government teat for quite some time. It's probably only fair they cut their fans a break somehow. Although if I were an Indiana taxpayer, I would have preferred the Colts make up their money by charging for PSLs rather than being paid a direct subsidy that benefited no one but the Colts.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

That's find and good, but the Bengals were never so brazen as to ask for a direct taxpayer subsidy to keep them from moving out of town. Could you imagine the Bengals or any other Ohio sports team asking state and local governments, "We're making good money here, but it's not quite as much as some of the other teams in the league. Moving to a new city is looking mighty fine right about now, but maybe if you could, say, kick in some money from the taxpayers, we would be happy to stick around long enough for you to come around to building us a fancy new stadium."

That's right. The Irsays claimed they couldn't make enough money playing in the RCA Dome that they were a constant threat to move the team a second time until the government came up with the money to pay the difference between what they were making in the RCA Dome and what they felt they should be making. And this was going on years before Lucas Oil Stadium was built. Had the taxpayer subsidy not been forked over, the Colts would probably be in LA or some other market looking for an NFL team by now. They've been suckling at the government teat for quite some time. It's probably only fair they cut their fans a break somehow. Although if I were an Indiana taxpayer, I would have preferred the Colts make up their money by charging for PSLs rather than being paid a direct subsidy that benefited no one but the Colts.
    Where were you when the Bengals lease was negotiated 15 yrs ago? Where have you been recently when city council repeatedly brings up the issue of renegotiating this lease? The taxpayers have contributed a great deal to this stadium. As we get into the latter third of this 30 yr lease, the county has to pay the Bengals to be tenants. I call that a subsidy. How 'bout you?

Man just saw that The Bengals claimed Cedric Peerman. Probably old news but I just saw it. I hope he can stick with the Bengals. I played football and basketball with him in high school at William Campbell so I hope he can stick.

Quote Originally Posted by aubashbrother View Post
    Man just saw that The Bengals claimed Cedric Peerman. Probably old news but I just saw it. I hope he can stick with the Bengals. I played football and basketball with him in high school at William Campbell so I hope he can stick.
    Cool. What can you tell us about him?

Pictures I got at Georgetown today. Hopefully it's ok to put these here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5274393...th/4864770904/

http://picasaweb.google.com/10774013...95379323392930

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Cool. What can you tell us about him?

Hard Hard worker . spends all his time in the weight room. one of those guys thats not the fastest or strongest but has one of the biggest hearts. He's one of the nicest guys youd ever meet. He also does some preaching. Hes a great guy. He went to college at UVA.

heres a great vid on him

YouTube - ‪Cavalier Close-Up: Cedric Peerman‬‎

Quote Originally Posted by TylerScottDavis View Post
    Pictures I got at Georgetown today. Hopefully it's ok to put these here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5274393...th/4864770904/

http://picasaweb.google.com/10774013...95379323392930
    cool--thanks for these

I went to camp the other day... everyone is obsessed with T.O.'s every move, as you would expect.

Everyone looked good, but it is just training camp, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I went to camp the other day... everyone is obsessed with T.O.'s every move, as you would expect.

Everyone looked good, but it is just training camp, after all.
    NBC is even promoting this Sunday night's HOF game as the Cowboys vs T.O. Not the Cowboys vs the Bengals.

The commercial shows Cowboys players and then...T.O. No other Bengals player is depicted or even mentioned.

I'm sure part of this is because they're playing against his old team, but still.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Either this guy takes the pressure off other guys ...or he makes the team resent the way over the top attention he gets.

I've always felt like Chad took the pressure off of everyone else. When his mouth makes promises the team can't cash, everyone in the media goes to him. When the team wins, everyone seems to get their due. T.O. will likely be similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?