Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dragons article

Dragons article

A snackpack of nuggets on Yorman, Lotzkar and Torreyes....

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...s-1196000.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dragons article

No hard feelings: Torreyes was hit by a pitch in the eighth inning Monday and then, with the Dragons ahead 8-2, tried a double steal with Theo Bowe, who was on second. A run scored when Lansing botched the play. DeShields shook hands with Lansing manager Mike Redmond during batting practice Tuesday, theoretically putting the issue to rest.
    This unwritten rules stuff is silly at the major league level. It ridiculous to even worry about in Low A. I'd rather my players learn how to play properly by the written rules of the game.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ;2423874
    “These kids are still at a stage where they’re real impressionable,” said DeShields, who managed that Billings club. “I told him, ‘That ain’t your delivery.’ He changed it back.”
    I may be reading too much into this, but I don't know if I like Delino telling Lotzkar to go back to his old delivery. Weren't there injury concerns with the way he used to throw the ball? Am I correct in reading that quote that way?

Perhaps he thinks its better to have an injury risk delivery like Bill Bray and give yourself a shot at the show, and TJS 4 seasons in, than to use your current deliver and never advance past AA?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Perhaps he thinks its better to have an injury risk delivery like Bill Bray and give yourself a shot at the show, and TJS 4 seasons in, than to use your current deliver and never advance past AA?
    I would never expect Lotzkar to make it a full season without hurting himself with his old mechanics. With that said, there are two things I want to note.... I don't know what his "new mechanics" were like and what DeShields said may not have anything to do with his actual arm action. He was talking about being more compact, that might be not have anything to do with his arm.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I would never expect Lotzkar to make it a full season without hurting himself with his old mechanics. With that said, there are two things I want to note.... I don't know what his "new mechanics" were like and what DeShields said may not have anything to do with his actual arm action. He was talking about being more compact, that might be not have anything to do with his arm.
    This is how I read it too. I certainly don't think DeShields is trying to usurp his pitching coach's role.

Turn Off Ads?