Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: NEVER talk to the police

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: NEVER talk to the police

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Which is exactly why you should never tell the police anything.
    And that is your right to do. When being pulled over for a traffic violation I am not worried about them charging me with murder.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Sure, cops pull people over for reasons that they don't tell you, but 99.9% of the time its for a legit reason even if they tell you its for something else.
    I was pulled over recently after pulling out of a local sport bar. I drank two glasses of water. He gave some excuse that I was weaving. I was pulled over less than a 1/4 mile after pulling out of the parking lot. I realize a lot of people go to sports bars and drink beer but I ain't one of them. He quickly let me go but I was more than a little ticked.

And that is your right to do. When being pulled over for a traffic violation I am not worried about them charging me with murder.
    Either am I, but I'm also not all that happy with them pulling me over when I did nothing wrong either.

Either am I, but I'm also not all that happy with them pulling me over when I did nothing wrong either.
    Odds are you did something that raised suspicion even if you don't think you did.

Odds are you did something that raised suspicion even if you don't think you did.
    Read the comments section of an article where some drunk teenagers get thrown 50 feet through the windshield of their car: "WHERE WERE THA COPS!!!111!"

There's honestly no winning for police officers; especially traffic cops.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Yea I'm going to go with the they are abusing their power card.

It's entirely possible. But boy, what a world we live in if you can make a generalization like that.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I was pulled over recently after pulling out of a local sport bar. I drank two glasses of water. He gave some excuse that I was weaving. I was pulled over less than a 1/4 mile after pulling out of the parking lot. I realize a lot of people go to sports bars and drink beer but I ain't one of them. He quickly let me go but I was more than a little ticked.
    Better than he didn't stop you and you had been drinking, no?

And they just happen to always find you? You must be the unluckiest dude in the world.

And they just happen to always find you? You must be the unluckiest dude in the world.
    I'm quite sure it happens to more people than just me. I'm actually pretty sure there have been a handful of people in this thread saying the same thing.

I'm quite sure it happens to more people than just me. I'm actually pretty sure there have been a handful of people in this thread saying the same thing.
    You are the only one claiming 70% of the 10 times you were pulled over were for no reason at all. I don't even know anyone else pulled over 10 times.

Need another profiling example?

Black man goes into a bar. Black man orders a sprite and wings. Black man enjoys his dinner on the go, and heads back off to work. Black man is pulled over within 300 yards of the bar, and asked to step out of the vehicle...

Now. Consider the context. The black man was my brother-in-law. He had noted the cop positioned close to the bar when he first got to the bar. He didn't have a drink, and he was driving safely... He was also an undercover narcotics detective in an unmarked police vehicle, who also serves as a member of the S.W.A.T. team... Oops. Yeah, he pretty much ripped the chuck cop a new butthole after he asked him to get out of his car, told him to find something better to do than trying to entrap people, and placed a call in to superiors...

Now... That being said, on the other side of things, I've had my ass saved by being pulled over by the right cops too... Rule of thumb is, if the cop looks to be under 30, keep your mouth shut... If he looks to have the appearance of a guy that got the crap kicked out of him in high school, keep your mouth shut.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

You are the only one claiming 70% of the 10 times you were pulled over were for no reason at all. I don't even know anyone else pulled over 10 times.
    Sure it seems to have happened to me more so I guess its likely that im just the biggest criminal on earth that hasnt been caught yet.

Everyone's got a horror story. I could go on and on about the flaws in this world. For me, it's not that I care about cops more than other folks; it's that I think the opening post is pretty extreme.

Sure it seems to have happened to me more so I guess its likely that im just the biggest criminal on earth that hasnt been caught yet.
    Or that perhaps you aren't as good of a driver as you think you are. You are taking the extreme option rather than the likely one. If you were the biggest criminal on the earth, you wouldn't be getting pulled over. You would be getting brought in for questioning at the very least.

Turn Off Ads?