Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy Grail (First Restaurant/Bar at The Banks) set to open 3/17

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Holy Grail (First Restaurant/Bar at The Banks) set to open 3/17

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-open-March-17
    Holy Grail, the first restaurant and bar at The Banks, is scheduled to open March 17 – just in time to kick off St. Patrick’s Day and March Madness.

“We’re 95 percent sure that we’re going to make it by then,” said Jim Moehring, a partner in the restaurant’s ownership group. “There’s a bunch of stuff that has to happen, but I think we’re going to hit our mark.”
    Looks like there will be at least one pre-game option ready for opening day. I have to say, I'm excited that there will finally be someplace to go before/after Reds games this summer.

While the gathering on fountain square was fun post-clinch last season, it would've been awesome to have the party right by the ballpark as well.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Holy Grail (First Restaurant/Bar at The Banks) set to open 3/17

I'm looking forward to more development of the Banks and it'll be nice to have this plaace to go to around game time.

Until other places get open though I suspect this'll be covered and too busy to get into.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The plans for the Banks are really exciting and this is the first spot to open. In the next year that area will really have some great options. I hope tey all do well and stay open. I'm particularly looking forward to the Moerlein House opening this Fall. It's been a long time coming but that area is finally becoming what we hoped it would back in 1996

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The plans for the Banks are really exciting and this is the first spot to open. In the next year that area will really have some great options. I hope tey all do well and stay open. I'm particularly looking forward to the Moerlein House opening this Fall. It's been a long time coming but that area is finally becoming what we hoped it would back in 1996
    I won't believe anything is opening until it actually physically opens. The Banks project has been an utter mess for a decade plus. Things appear on tracks but there have been countless setbacks with this prime piece of real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I won't believe anything is opening until it actually physically opens. The Banks project has been an utter mess for a decade plus. Things appear on tracks but there have been countless setbacks with this prime piece of real estate.
    I've been as much of a naysayer and critic about the Banks as anyone else here. But it does appear that they are achieving their tipping point and its becoming a reality. Better late than never.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I've been as much of a naysayer and critic about the Banks as anyone else here. But it does appear that they are achieving their tipping point and its becoming a reality. Better late than never.
    Same here. I'm ready to eat crow about the Banks. Of course how well the businesses do there is quite another thing all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I understand where you're coming from but when hammer hits nail it's only a matter of time before they open and they're pretty much at that point now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I understand where you're coming from but when hammer hits nail it's only a matter of time before they open and they're pretty much at that point now.
    The Banks project has been an utter disaster since day 1. Every step of the way the county or city has managed to screw it up. For years you heard that "X,Y, and Z" were going in only never to see it happen. I realize that its just a matter of time before the Holy Grail opens up but it has been my stance since day 1, I won't believe anything at the Banks until the doors are opened.

The Banks project has been an utter disaster since day 1. Every step of the way the county or city has managed to screw it up. For years you heard that "X,Y, and Z" were going in only never to see it happen. I realize that its just a matter of time before the Holy Grail opens up but it has been my stance since day 1, I won't believe anything at the Banks until the doors are opened.
    So all the buildings they've put up down on the Banks will just be empty forever? What about the apartments that are nearly ready and are already pre-leased?

No will argue that the project has moved swiftly, but it's here and, along with the riverfront park, looks pretty cool...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    So all the buildings they've put up down on the Banks will just be empty forever? What about the apartments that are nearly ready and are already pre-leased?

No will argue that the project has moved swiftly, but it's here and, along with the riverfront park, looks pretty cool...
    I believe there was an article in the Enquirer a few months ago that as the banks didn't have a confirmed tenant. IIRC The Holy Grail was the first confirmed tenant in the banks. There had been rumors for years about Moreline having the first right of refusal for their spot but nothing had been confirmed.

As for the apartments I really don't care about those. I am not going to live in them and they don't add any value to the area for me. I did find it ironic that there was a spat in City Council about Section 8 housing being put in the Banks.

I realize that the Grail is just about ready to open its doors. I realize that it finally is coming to fruition, but let me be skeptical for the next 8 days.

I believe there was an article in the Enquirer a few months ago that as the banks didn't have a confirmed tenant. IIRC The Holy Grail was the first confirmed tenant in the banks. There had been rumors for years about Moreline having the first right of refusal for their spot but nothing had been confirmed.

As for the apartments I really don't care about those. I am not going to live in them and they don't add any value to the area for me. I did find it ironic that there was a spat in City Council about Section 8 housing being put in the Banks.

I realize that the Grail is just about ready to open its doors. I realize that it finally is coming to fruition, but let me be skeptical for the next 8 days.
    They've got quite a few confirmed tenants, Moerlein, Toby Keith's bar, a French Bistro, a wine loft and a 24 hr diner as I recall

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...for-banks.html
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 03-09-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Confirmed Banks tenants:
    Holy Grail
    Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill
    The Wine Loft
    24/7 Diner
    La Crepe Nanou
    Johnny Rockets new sports bar concept
    Moerlein Brewery (technically a part of the park)

And then there's this article, confirming three local eateries looking at space at the Banks: http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB...ye-space-Banks

And you may not care about apartments and you may never live there, but apartments, condos and hotels are absolutely CRITICAL for any success The Banks will have. You need a critical mass of people living there, otherwise it's just an outdoor mall or Newport on the Levee 2.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Confirmed Banks tenants:
    Holy Grail
    Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill
    The Wine Loft
    24/7 Diner
    La Crepe Nanou
    Johnny Rockets new sports bar concept
    Moerlein Brewery (technically a part of the park)

And then there's this article, confirming three local eateries looking at space at the Banks: http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB...ye-space-Banks

And you may not care about apartments and you may never live there, but apartments, condos and hotels are absolutely CRITICAL for any success The Banks will have. You need a critical mass of people living there, otherwise it's just an outdoor mall or Newport on the Levee 2.
    I know that. I realize that it is coming together. But I am referencing an article (I can't find it because apparently you need to pay for articles over 30 days old) that stated that there were no confirmed tenants as recently as this fall.

I get it, its coming together which is nice. And I am slightly bitter that this prime piece of real estate sat undeveloped for years upon years upon years. I don't have an issue with the apartments being leased I just don't get all giddy inside about it. To be honest I would be fine if it were like Newport on the Levee 2.

The problem I have had with the Banks project is that it has been a colossal failure for years. Its probably the most prime piece of real estate in this city/county. It sat undeveloped for years because of fighting and poor leadership. It sure would have been nice to see it open in 2004 or 2005-6-7-8-9-10. I AM GLAD IT IS FINALLY COMING TOGETHER. I AM GLAD SOME OF IT WILL BE READY FOR OPENING DAY. I am just bitter at the long drawn out process that has gone along with it.

I just read about Gov. K. potentially derailing funds for the streetcar line. That could have an impact on the Banks unfortunately. One way to make sure it stays profitable is to give people extra ways to get there without incurring parking expenses. I know that the streetcar line is controversial to many, but I can't see any way that its presence would be a detriment to the Banks (or the Reds).

I know that. I realize that it is coming together. But I am referencing an article (I can't find it because apparently you need to pay for articles over 30 days old) that stated that there were no confirmed tenants as recently as this fall.

I get it, its coming together which is nice. And I am slightly bitter that this prime piece of real estate sat undeveloped for years upon years upon years. I don't have an issue with the apartments being leased I just don't get all giddy inside about it. To be honest I would be fine if it were like Newport on the Levee 2.

The problem I have had with the Banks project is that it has been a colossal failure for years. Its probably the most prime piece of real estate in this city/county. It sat undeveloped for years because of fighting and poor leadership. It sure would have been nice to see it open in 2004 or 2005-6-7-8-9-10. I AM GLAD IT IS FINALLY COMING TOGETHER. I AM GLAD SOME OF IT WILL BE READY FOR OPENING DAY. I am just bitter at the long drawn out process that has gone along with it.
    I understand what you're saying, I wish it was seven years further along too. But what happened is in the past and I think both the city's and The Banks leadership is in much better hands than it was 10 years ago.

I'm not sure how the lack of a streetcar will affect The Banks project. I have heard from a few different businessmen that the streetcar line was a major player in determining where to locate their business. Not too surprising that the Governor pulled the plug on the money though, his oil and highway-building buddies wouldn't be too happy if he went through with money towards public transportation. Even though the streetcar is more about economic development than transportation...
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?