Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Howl

Re: The Howl

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    god forbid our 1/2 filled seats sound impressive...

Stick

Ahem...

Remove...
    I guess I mised the impressive part. What's impressive?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I agree (if you're speaking figuratively), but I don't think Cincinnatians are much worse--if at all--than people in other cities.
    I have lived in Nashville, Memphis, and now Baltimore since leaving Cincinnati after college...and...yes, Cincinnati was easily the most uptight place I have lived amongst that group. Not even close.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I have lived in Nashville, Memphis, and now Baltimore since leaving Cincinnati after college...and...yes, Cincinnati was easily the most uptight place I have lived amongst that group. Not even close.
    Not sure how long that's been, membengal, but I tell my buddies who never came back after college (and that's been nearly 30 years now) that downtown Cincinnati is a much different place than it used to be. The surrounding conservative counties are pretty much the same as they ever were, but the urban city itself is no longer staid and buttoned up. There's something for everyone in downtown these days.

I still like it!

Haunted by walks

It's the most un-sports-like thing ever. Unsynchronized, no rhythm, no momentum, no context within the game, completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Not sure how long that's been, membengal, but I tell my buddies who never came back after college (and that's been nearly 30 years now) that downtown Cincinnati is a much different place than it used to be. The surrounding conservative counties are pretty much the same as they ever were, but the urban city itself is no longer staid and buttoned up. There's something for everyone in downtown these days.
    Fair enough. Left in 1996, last place I lived was westside, up Queen City Ave. But when I refer to "Cincinnati", I mean the whole tri-state area, including those surrounding counties. And it sure seems as dug in as ever, from what I hear on WLW etc....

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Fair enough. Left in 1996, last place I lived was westside, up Queen City Ave. But when I refer to "Cincinnati", I mean the whole tri-state area, including those surrounding counties. And it sure seems as dug in as ever, from what I hear on WLW etc....
    In my opinion, it is. It's very much a "don't get out of line" city.

It's the most un-sports-like thing ever. Unsynchronized, no rhythm, no momentum, no context within the game, completely random.
    Nicely said. And that's kinda what I like about it.

Only heard about 15 howls/woos tonight from my seat. And each was quite annoying. I had an open mind...but after witnessing it, two thumbs down.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Maybe they should have a muzzle giveaway before the playoff games.
    Maybe they'll have to bring back "Who Let The Dogs Out?"

Living out in the country I hear howling in the woods at night. Darn coyotes.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Lots more puppy coyote yipping than tear out your throat wolf howling. I get that its supposed to be next cool thing and that's always fun to be part of, but its just not.

Hopefully it fades away and dies a quiet death.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Hopefully it fades away and dies a quiet death.
    My wife heard it on TV last night and asked "what the hell are they doing?" She was not impressed.

Watched the game on television last night so I was able to experience it in full effect. It makes me want to chew glass. Also, if it's supposed to be a galvanizer, it's not working.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Harmless bizarrerie. Let them have their fun. Cincy fans have been way too staid way too long, imo.

And this howling thing makes it better? I think not.

Turn Off Ads?