Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucas-Disney

Re: Lucas-Disney

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    The worst ever Bond movies were Diamonds Are Forever (1971), A View To A Kill (1985) and Die Another Day (2003).
    I loved Star Wars, I liked Empire Strikes Back, I thought Return of the Jedi was okay--and there hasn't been a decent Star Wars movie since. There hasn't been a George Lucas movie of any kind worth watching in over 20 years IMHO.
    Eh, I really enjoy watching A View to a Kill because it's so damn campy and features Christopher Walken as the villain.

Empire Strikes Back is generally considered the best of the Star Wars movies too...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Empire Strikes Back is generally considered the best of the Star Wars movies too...
    Oh I know that but I just liked the original Star Wars, the one where Han shoots first, better. At times the repeated refrain in "Empire" from Darth Vader about Luke's "destiny" starts to bore me. One thing I do agree with the critics on: The Phantom Menace was easily the worst of the film series.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 12-05-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I love this ad at the bottom of the screen for High Quality Combat Ready Light Sabers. I'd like to know what they mean by combat ready.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

The last of the new films was pretty good, IMO.

The first two were more bad than good.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Lando Calrissian spinoff movie! C'mon, Disney!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I love this ad at the bottom of the screen for High Quality Combat Ready Light Sabers. I'd like to know what they mean by combat ready.
    They will cut off hands.

Oh I know that but I just liked the original Star Wars, the one where Han shoots first, better. At times the repeated refrain in "Empire" from Darth Vader about Luke's "destiny" starts to bore me. One thing I do agree with the critics on: The Phantom Menace was easily the worst of the film series.
    The original, as most are of any movie trilogy, usually are the best....save for the new Batman, which was good but not as good as the next two.

The first one was telling a story without worrying about what action figures or new fuzzy characters to force upon you.

Just shows how different people can see the same thing and think something completely different. I thought Phantom Menace was actually the best of the 3 "prequils" and for me its not even close. There was way too much emphasis on the one thing that had to happen or else the entire series doesn't make sense.

For Me:
    1 Return of the Jedi
    2 A New Hope
    3 Phantom Menace
    4 Empire Strikes Back
    5 Attack of the Clones (for the Yoda Fight scene alone keeps it out of the bottom)
    6 Revenge of the Sith
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

1 Empire Strikes Back
    2 A New Hope
    3 Return of the Jedi
    4 Attack of the Clones
    5 Revenge of the Sith
    6 Phantom Menace

Slyder you're the first person Ive ever heard say that ANY of the prequel trilogy were better than Empire. Typically Empire is viewed as the best of all, so to see you have it 4th is a new one for this old Star Wars junkie.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    1 Empire Strikes Back
    2 A New Hope
    3 Return of the Jedi
    4 Attack of the Clones
    5 Revenge of the Sith
    6 Phantom Menace

Slyder you're the first person Ive ever heard say that ANY of the prequel trilogy were better than Empire. Typically Empire is viewed as the best of all, so to see you have it 4th is a new one for this old Star Wars junkie.
    Maybe I'm blinded by the fact that when Spike shows the SW movies they never show the prequils (or that I never watch them) but Revenge to me with the exception of the ending just drags out for me.

I also like to go against popular ideas .
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

1) Empire (except for Luke screaming NOOOO!!! That always bothered me).
    2) New Hope (I still get goosebumps at the binary sun scene).
    3) Return of the Jedi (Take that E.T.!)
    4) Revenge of the Sith (I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either)
    5) Phantom Menace (I didn't hate it as much as everyone. It does have Greg Proops, which is a positive.)
    6) Attack of the Clones: The love scene is the worst ever written. It is that simple. Not only is it not romantic or even passably warm, but it is beyond creepy.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Senor Votto

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Revenge of The Sith
    4. Return of The Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace

JJ will direct the new Star Wars movie.
    http://m.deadline.com/2013/01/j-j-ab...ie-for-disney/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

1. A New Hope
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. Empire Strikes Back
    4. Phantom Menace
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. Revenge of the Sith

I love the story in A New Hope, Jedi, and Phantom Menace. I don't like the story telling in Clones or Sith. Empire is a ton of fun, but I think it lacks in good story. Just my take.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

Turn Off Ads?