Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who do you root for this October?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phillies

4 4.55%
  • Cubs

1 1.14%
  • Dodgers

4 4.55%
  • Brewers

6 6.82%
  • Rays

35 39.77%
  • White Sox

32 36.36%
  • Angels

3 3.41%
  • Red Sox

3 3.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who's Your Adopted Playoff Team?

Re: Who's Your Adopted Playoff Team?

The (D)Rays have been my second team since they came into the league...I'm not going to stop now...also, I really would love to see Junior get his ring...but I HATE OZZIE...so, I won't root against the White Sox...THE CUBS, I hate the CUBS...I hope they make it to the WS and then win three games to none only to have the series taken from them in a dramatic come from behind victory by the AL team.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I can understand the Dodgers. They are playing the Cubs for God's sake.
    I can understand wanting the Dodgers to beat the Cubs because I too want them too. But after that I hope they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I can understand wanting the Dodgers to beat the Cubs because I too want them too. But after that I hope they lose.

Right. But if they beat the Cubs, one might root for them for the rest of the playoffs as a reward for beating the Cubs. Personally, I'd rather they lose if they advance but you see what I'm getting at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I voted Rays, but I would be very okay with the White Sox. I'd love to see The Kid get a ring.

I will go with the White Sox. My primary motivation during this post season is hatred for the Cubs. I want them to lose, and in a way that maximizes the pain to their fans. Obviously, the ideal outcome is the Cubs win two NL series, then 3 games in the World Series, then lose 4 in a row in heartbreaking fashion. However, it is too risky to root for them to win any series, and I will not do so. I know, however, that nothing will make Cubs fans angrier than seeing the White Sox do better than them. Therefore, I will root for the White Sox - who have the added bonus of having Griffey.

#1- Anyone but the Cubs!!
    #2- Sean Casey and the Red Sox! I know, I know, the Red Sox won it last year, but I really want Casey to get a ring. Plus, Boston is my ex's team, and he and I are still really good friends (the man flew me to Singapore, for crying out loud!). He'd root for the Reds if his team wasn't in the playoffs.
    #3- Griffey and the White Sox! I really dislike the White Sox, but I would be thrilled to pieces if Griffey finally got a ring!!
    #4- Once again, anyone but the Cubs.
    BARRY LARKIN
    "You made me hope for something better
    And made me reach for something more"

"Love is doing all the little things that don't show up in the box score."

Senor Votto

Right. But if they beat the Cubs, one might root for them for the rest of the playoffs as a reward for beating the Cubs. Personally, I'd rather they lose if they advance but you see what I'm getting at?
    Yeah I understand what you're saying.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I really would like to root for Junior but that little weenie manager they have rubs me the wrong way. I'll go with Brewers.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I really would like to root for Junior but that little weenie manager they have rubs me the wrong way. I'll go with Brewers.
    Brewers. Blah.

Right, now, far and away, it's the Dodgers, just to see the Cubs go 1 and done

But it's close between the White Sox and the Rays. I'm pulling for Jr., but man, that Rays team is fun to watch. Winner of that series, for sure though.

I figured everyone would root for the White Sox because of the presence of DeWayne Wise.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I figured everyone would root for the White Sox because of the presence of DeWayne Wise.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we all hope he gets a ring. He's been playing so long and this may be his last chance.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

It is fun to see any team knock the Cubs out of the playoffs but if the Dodgers do it, I won't consider it an upset. I think they are the team to beat in the NL right now because of their pitching and how they've gelled since acquiring Manny. It's still looking like an all LA World Series to me. Of course yesterday's game looked to be less about pitching and more about goats, choking and curses...

I think I speak for everyone when I say we all hope he gets a ring. He's been playing so long and this may be his last chance.
    Dewayne Wise has been playing a long time???

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Dewayne Wise has been playing a long time???
    He didn't say where though.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?