Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: Sick and tired of the Cardinals / Whiny Cardinals

Re: Sick and tired of the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post

Deep down they're going to explode on the Cards 15-0 in the wild card game and they know it!
    I just hope if they go up 15-0 that they are able to hold the lead.

2. Likes:

CySeymour (08-27-2013),Falls City Beer (08-27-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

My appeal to authority:

Charlie Sheen ‏@charliesheen 6h

WAKE UP the thyme is NOW the place is St. LOSE-IS Don't make me come there don't make Jim Day open a cap whoop-arse c http://twitpic.com/dak6jq

5. Likes:

OnBaseMachine (08-27-2013),powersackers (08-27-2013),Tom Servo (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know what our 1954 moment is, or if it will even happen. But if it does, I have had enough of the foreplay and am ready to see the Reds have their moment in the sun already.
    The Reds won against the Cards in 2011 Doesn't that count for something? Or are you looking for the big Wild Card vs Wild Card, NLDS, or NLCS showdown?

So Frazier and Votto get pegged last night. If poor Yadi got hit tonight wouldn't that be a shame.

st. louis is 2nd in hitting batters with 58 and pittsburgh is 1st with 60. Is it wrong to want to play catch up in this category over the next few weeks?
    I would pitch Molina inside every time he is up, if he gets hit so be it. He is the player I dislike the most in all of baseball -- even more than Arod.
    Where we gonna go?

Oh and by the way, Busch Beer and Bud are no longer an American company.
    Where we gonna go?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Little known story about Busch Beer and the Cardinals.

Back in the 1966, when Anheuser owned the Cardinals and built a new stadium for them, Auggie Busch wanted to call the stadium "Budweiser Stadium" after the company's most popular beer. But MLB refused to have a stadium named after a beer.

Auggie decided to name it "Busch Stadium" telling MLB he was naming it after himself. They agreed to that. Then Auggie started production on a new Anheuser product, Busch beer, making sure that the stadium was in fact named after one of his company's beers.

So the brand Busch beer was only started so Auggie Busch could name his stadium after one of his beers.

No wonder it sucks.
    That's funny, I JUST read that story last night in David Halberstam's book 1964.

Would the real damn Reds show up???????????

The Reds do not have the attitude I'd like to see facing these cardinals.

How long are they going to put up with this garbage?

Oh my goodness they've won like one series in 15 years in bad beer stadium. Make it stop!

Show some pride!

Something!
    The Reds have a decent team, but chances are they will see the Cards in the playoffs and the Reds are pretty clueless against them. The Reds should be playing for their lives against the Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The Reds have a decent team, but chances are they will see the Cards in the playoffs and the Reds are pretty clueless against them. The Reds should be playing for their lives against the Cards.
    A team that is decnt doesnt win playoff game series.. The Reds dont look as focused as thay did playing the Giants this year. THATS the Reds team i want to see EVERY game.. not just becuase they got out managed by the Giants in the playoffs, thats their only focus for 2013. They needed a chip on their shoulder and i dont see it from the Reds and Baker doesnt care.. he doesnt want to hurt feelings

12. Likes:

smixsell (08-27-2013)

When we can't even beat the lowly Brewers (3-4 in the last 7 games vs them), who hold a 58-73 record and are 19.5 games out, then my hope and expectations of them beating the Cards is very low.

Too many miscues, blunders, mental mistakes, as well as missed opportunities. They either lack heart or something, or someone, has gotten into their heads.

Bailey starts today. He's started 6 games vs the Cards at Busch Stadium in his career. Not one time has he walked out of the park with a winning decision, going 0-5 with a 6.90 ERA.

And then it's on to Colorado where I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Someone needs to kick these players in the butt, raise their intensity level, basically raise some hell with them in that clubhouse, because they look like they're just going through the motions and don't even want to be out there. And unfortunately I don't think that's Baker's managing style/forte. But in my lifetime I know of some managers, when they saw their players not playing up to their potential, who wouldn't put up with what we're seeing right now out of these Reds.
    Last edited by GAC; 08-28-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Sick and tired of the cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When we can't even beat the lowly Brewers (3-4 in the last 7 games vs them), who hold a 58-73 record and are 19.5 games out, then my hope and expectations of them beating the Cards is very low.

Too many miscues, blunders, mental mistakes, as well as missed opportunities. They either lack heart or something, or someone, has gotten into their heads.

Bailey starts today. He's started 6 games vs the Cards at Busch Stadium in his career. Not one time has he walked out of the park with a winning decision, going 0-5 with a 6.90 ERA.

Someone needs to kick these players in the butt, raise their intensity level, basically raise some hell with them in that clubhouse, because they look like they're just going through the motions and don't even want to be out there. And unfortunately I don't think that's Baker's managing style/forte. But in my lifetime I know of some managers, when they saw their players not playing up to their potential, who wouldn't put up with what we're seeing right now out of these Reds.
    I hope someone threw baseball bats at them in the shower after the game and called them lollygaggers at minimum.
    Last edited by hebroncougar; 08-28-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Someone here asked earlier in the year if this team needed a good chewing out to get things going. At the time I said no it wasn't appropriate. Well nows the time. A good fire and brimstone, come to Jesus meeting might just be needed. But like GAC said I don't think Dusty works that way at all. I'm afraid they will just continue the same until the Cubs come to town September 9th. By then it may not matter.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The same Brewers that just beat the Pirates, who are seemingly guaranteed the WS by making a waiver wire claim?

If the Reds win tonight, they have lost one game in the standings. However, if they get swept, it will really be hard to win the division. I think us fans' pride is hurt more than anything in this period of domination by another team.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

17. Likes:

Chip R (08-28-2013),REDREAD (08-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I wonder if they are still experts at reading pitch tipping as the claim was in the LaRussa/Duncan days? Maybe they have a spy in the center field seats stealing signs and using Morse code to relay?
    If they do, they brought him to Cincinnati the last time the teams played each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Well said. They look they don't even care about what's going on in the field. I hope Joey calls a players only meeting and gets this team fired up. Not good that we get Wainwright tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Well said. They look they don't even care about what's going on in the field. I hope Joey calls a players only meeting and gets this team fired up. Not good that we get Wainwright tonight.....
    Come on. Of course they care. This team is just full of players who look like they don't care at times. They aren't very outwardly emotional or animated.

This team just isn't playing good baseball right now. I think it has very little to do with how much they care (or don't care) and more to do with the grind of a 162-game season. This team could use a Puig-like spark.

Turn Off Ads?