Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Amezcua

0 0%
  • Tucker Barnhart

4 6.67%
  • Drew Cisco

9 15.00%
  • Daniel Corcino

3 5.00%
  • Danny Dorn

10 16.67%
  • Matt Fairel

0 0%
  • Mark Fleury

0 0%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

1 1.67%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

0 0%
  • Matt Klinker

2 3.33%
  • Wes Mugarian

1 1.67%
  • Kris Negron

10 16.67%
  • Felix Perez

2 3.33%
  • Cody Puckett

3 5.00%
  • Henry Rodriguez

8 13.33%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

0 0%
  • Daryl Thompson

5 8.33%
  • Daniel Tuttle

1 1.67%
  • Kyle Waldrop

1 1.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #23 prospect?

Puckett.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I went with Dorn on the outside shot that he'll stick out of spring training. Several others, such as Negron and Thompson, seem just as worthy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Considering that it is not looking good that Horst or Dorn will make our list of the Reds top 25 prospects, I think we have an answer as to why no MLB team thought it might give them one of their 25 man roster spots via the Rule 5 draft.
    Or people are taking that into account and not voting for them. Visa versa.

I voted Dorn again.

2010 - AAA age 24/25

.302/.398/.545

And he did that coming back from a fractured hand.

I love Dorn. He's my favorite Louisville Bat.

But, because of position and age, I'm voting Puckett.

He'd be a great #2 hitter for the current squad, assuming his offense translates.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Or people are taking that into account and not voting for them. Visa versa.

I voted Dorn again.

2010 - AAA age 24/25

.302/.398/.545

And he did that coming back from a fractured hand.
    I am taking it into account. If no team for two consecutive years is not willing to give him a shot there must be some issue the numbers are not telling
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    I am taking it into account. If no team for two consecutive years is not willing to give him a shot there must be some issue the numbers are not telling
    Well, I've seen him for two years now and I'll be damned if I can see what it is. His lack of speed is certain but he is a solid ballplayer. He made only 2 errors all of last season.

I think it likely that several players already picked are never going to reach Dorn's current level.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Because teams try to be smarter than everyone else rather than just being smart and taking a guy who can be an average major leaguer. Go ahead and look at a lot of the guys taken this year. Multiple pitchers who have not pitched in High A were taken in the first few picks. Those guys have next to no shot at being in the majors in April. But they were taken. Dorn's problem is that he has split issues (though the good kind since he is a lefty) and he is limited to first base. He isn't a sexy type of pick for the Rule V because of that.

I think Daryl Thompson's success in the minor leagues, his reasonably good showing in the major leagues, his apparent comeback last year, and some hopeful thinking about his injury situation, are good reasons for him to make the Reds' top 25. I voted for him at 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I think Daryl Thompson's success in the minor leagues, his reasonably good showing in the major leagues, his apparent comeback last year, and some hopeful thinking about his injury situation, are good reasons for him to make the Reds' top 25. I voted for him at 23.
    This was the easiest vote I had in quite a while, and I voted for DT, too. You really have to love what he has done when healthy.

Two tied at 10 votes each and two others have 8 and 9 votes...what should we do? A run-off with all four on the poll?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Two tied at 10 votes each and two others have 8 and 9 votes...what should we do? A run-off with all four on the poll?
    I don't think you go anymore than 3 for a run off. Cut off hrod at 8 votes
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    That's not a run-off. That's more like a stampede. I like it.

If we include Henry R in the runoff, there are only 23 loose votes available to break the logjam. The players may not separate much. Although he's only two votes behind, he is in fourth place. So I'd say leave him behind and do the runoff with three.

That said, I don't feel strongly about it. No complaints if we go with all four.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    If we include Henry R in the runoff, there are only 23 loose votes available to break the logjam. The players may not separate much. Although he's only two votes behind, he is in fourth place. So I'd say leave him behind and do the runoff with three.

That said, I don't feel strongly about it. No complaints if we go with all four.
    Sounds good to me.

Turn Off Ads?