Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biogenesis thread- more names to come

Biogenesis thread- more names to come

More names are involved than those previously released.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/25-degr...134221977.html
    There are new names coming in the Biogenesis case. They are not big names. They are not superstars. Neither matters. More than anything, this embodies the great frustration of the scandal that has clenched its jaws on baseball and refuses to yield: until final judgment is rendered, a thousand great unknowns hang over the sport, haunt it, sap it of energy like a battery-draining app.
    Sources this week told Yahoo! Sports the names publicly linked to Biogenesis are not the only major league players being investigated, and that, too, promises to be another storyline in a second half of the season. Not just who's going to be suspended for frequenting the Miami-area clinic that allegedly distributed performance-enhancing drugs. Or for how long. Or when. But who the mystery players are. And how their possible suspensions may affect the future of their teams.
    And the worst part is its end is far from imminent. MLB hasn't even finished its interviews with players, sources said. Any hope of an expedited process is unlikely. Though there are already ongoing negotiations for suspensions, one person involved in them said: "They're not going anywhere yet." The league is stubborn. The players are stubborn. What a disaster.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Biogenesis thread- more names to come

I may be in the minority, but the constant media "buzz" and tease of non-story-stories is lame. Much like the constant coverage of the NFL when nothing is happening...wake when it means something.

[This is not a shot at your post KLW. Just my .02 on the situation and the media's approach]
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

4. Likes:

camisadelgolf (07-22-2013),RadfordVA (08-06-2013)

I need to go ahead and admit that I, your hero, will be on that list when it comes out.

I wonder if Yonder Alonso is going to be on that list? Miami (and A-Rod) connections, puffy body type and all.

Of course, pure speculation on my part.
    Go BLUE!!!

Wouldn't surprise me if MLB is stalling around on this to wait until the off season for any punishment. I'm sure some owners are putting pressure on Bud not mess up their seasons by suspending a star/key player.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 07-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I need to go ahead and admit that I, your hero, will be on that list when it comes out.
    Let me guess somebody spiked your ketchup. You never knowingly took a banned substance you just trusted the wrong people. You thought that guy in the alley was just giving you a Vitamin B shot.

Is it wrong to hope Broxton is on the list?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Is it wrong to hope Broxton is on the list?
    Are cheeseburgers considered PEDs?

/low blow
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

11. Likes:

757690 (07-19-2013),bigredmechanism (07-19-2013)

"Goody" Bassett is a witch!!

Suspend everybody in baseball and let God sort em out.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Always Red (07-19-2013),jojo (08-05-2013),pahster (08-05-2013),RedEye (08-05-2013),westofyou (07-19-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if MLB is stalling around on this to wait until the off season for any punishment. I'm sure some owners are putting pressure on Bud not mess up their seasons by suspending a star/key player.
    ESPN claims they will come down next week, but with appeals the suspensions might not start until next season

50 game suspensions handed down

Nelson Cruz
    Jhonny Peralta
    Everth Cabrera
    Jordany Valdespin
    Francisco Cervelli
    Antonio Bastardo
    Fautino De Los Santos
    Jesus Montero
    Cesar Puello
    Sergio Escalona
    Fernando Martinez
    Jordan Noberto
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    50 game suspensions handed down

Nelson Cruz
    Jhonny Peralta
    Everth Cabrera
    Jordany Valdespin
    Francisco Cervelli
    Antonio Bastardo
    Fautino De Los Santos
    Jesus Montero
    Cesar Puello
    Sergio Escalona
    Fernando Martinez
    Jordan Noberto
    Wow... was Jesus Montero rumored to be on that list before? What a bust that guy has turned out to be, and now this. Mariners can't be feeling too good about that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Wow... was Jesus Montero rumored to be on that list before? What a bust that guy has turned out to be, and now this. Mariners can't be feeling too good about that deal.
    On the flip side, it's not like Michael Pineda has added a great amount of value to the Yankees, either.

-Matt

19. Likes:

jojo (08-05-2013)

Pretty cool column by Doug Glanville on A-Rod. Here's an excerpt:

Inflated numbers pay well but get ignored. An inflated ego makes you miss the gravity of what is about to happen. An inflated sense of reality makes you think the inevitable will never happen. You used to be able to take the numbers and run. Now, you are being hunted to the ends of the earth. And it's too late to turn back.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-05-2013)

Turn Off Ads?