Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

Re: 8/27/13 - Reds @ St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Leake is a warrior who who lays it all out every night. Saying he doesn't care is about as rediculous as saying Bronson doesn't care. So far the board has been fairly good about not over reacting tonight, but we're starting to waiver.
    I disagree. A warrior would not laugh about a bonehead throw against a team he is chasing in the hunt for a championship. A warrior would get made at himself and come back with fire in his belly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I believe these guys have no focus because the field manager doesn't demand it.
    Even if he did, the complete lack of quality alternatives on the bench would eviscerate any attempts to hold them accountable.

"Brandon, you completely lost the plot out there. That's not what I expect from my players and so I'm going to put in Cesar...wait, why are you laughing at me?"

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    "We're all big boys here and all getting paid. They need to be accountable for their mistakes."
    Sounds very reasonable to me. Sounds like he's treating them like adults.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

@ENQSports: Dusty: "We just gotta play better baseball. ... I'm .. getting tired of answering these questions. ... Guys have to be accountable." #Reds

Quote Originally Posted by armybrat45103 View Post
    I disagree. A warrior would not laugh about a bonehead throw against a team he is chasing in the hunt for a championship. A warrior would get made at himself and come back with fire in his belly.
    Poo. He pitched 6+ solid innings on the road under tough circumstances and would have got the win with a semi competent bullpen. Mike Leake is the last problem on this team, on the field or in the clubhouse. Too many fans base too much on facial expressions they percieve on TV. This is not high school.

7. Likes:

Red Raindog (08-28-2013),REDREAD (08-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Can I just state that I hate the Cardinals. I live in Cardinal country. I hate this. I'll hear about this series for a solid week from every neighbor I have. I have 6 Reds t-shirts. I'm going to wear a different one every day this week. And give 'em all the bird.
    I live in quasi-Cardinals country too. And the more the Reds evolve into STL's prison squeeze, the more I respect the Cards for their winning ways. They just get it done, no excuses. The fact that Carp and JimEd are gone certainly helps.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    What they miss is Scott Rolen. Replacing Rolen with Jack Hannahan just doesn't get it. Rolen was like my high school principal. He never raised his voice, but you respected him and didn't want him to be mad at you or disappointed with you. He led by example. This team has none of that. Rolen was there to do what my principal did. I couldn't help but notice as Mat Latos went into the dugout, there was Leake and another player goofing off as Mat was going off.
    BTW, Dusty just threw the team under the bus again. "We're all big boys here and all getting paid. They need to be accountable for their mistakes."
    I'm tired of hearing about Rolen. What had we really accomplished with him?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    Even if he did, the complete lack of quality alternatives on the bench would eviscerate any attempts to hold them accountable.

"Brandon, you completely lost the plot out there. That's not what I expect from my players and so I'm going to put in Cesar...wait, why are you laughing at me?"
    You don't have to pull someone from the line-up to hold them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about Rolen. What had we really accomplished with him?
    Two Central division Championships. Seemed pretty nice after the Lidner years. But i agree, time for the current guys to put on their big boy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    @ENQSports: Dusty: "We just gotta play better baseball. ... I'm .. getting tired of answering these questions. ... Guys have to be accountable." #Reds
    I agree with Dusty that it's not his job to tell a ML ball player how many outs there are or to look at the 3rd base coach however when there are no consequences for those mistakes....that's on Dusty...

Taking out Cozart would of sent a message, it would of been on sportscenter. There has to be consequences.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

13. Likes:

texasdave (08-27-2013)

Poo. He pitched 6+ solid innings on the road under tough circumstances and would have got the win with a semi competent bullpen. Mike Leake is the last problem on this team, on the field or in the clubhouse. Too many fans base too much on facial expressions they percieve on TV. This is not high school.
    Facial expressions say a ton. A warrior, Chris Carpenter, would never have come close to even a grin had he made a throw like that. The fact that we here accept this laid back attitude shows why the players do as well.

No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

16. Likes:

kbrake (08-28-2013),Larkin Fan (08-27-2013)

Two Central division Championships. Seemed pretty nice after the Lidner years. But i agree, time for the current guys to put on their big boy pants.
    I agree with you Muteman that it's time. However we all know with Griffey...just because your a star does not mean your a leader. It has to be a everyday player.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    No anchor tied to your bottoms boys, if you want to root for the Cardinals and their gritty warriors, I'm sure there's a CardinalsZone out there for ya. Through thick and thin, I'm happy as a Red.
    The Cardinals are not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yep, that's what was said

Turn Off Ads?