Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Re: 2011 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I agree. However, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that they passed on local hero, Tanden Doss in round 4, who would have given the receiving corp a shot in the arm and helped the return game,as well. I was even more disappointed that Doss went to the Ratbirds..Yuck!

From where I'm sitting, they could have taken Doss and gone after someone like John Clay, who wasn't drafted, later to fill the battering-Ram role. But, as you stated, it's difficult to second guess Polian, and the receiving corp should benefit from the return of Clark and Gonzalez.

Still, plenty to smile about.
    I was hoping they would take Doss as well, I think he would be been a good solid fill in for when Anthony Gonzalez gets hurt on the third play of the season. I think Doss would have been a plus on special teams as well.

Hopefully getting the two offensive linemen will help the short game running along with the bowling ball running back. Hopefully they get Kevin Thomas back in the secondary and they stay relatively healthy and make a run next year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I would love to see the Bengals give Derrick Locke a look. If he gets past the injury bug that has plagued him off and on the past couple years, he has Reggie Bush type potential... Low risk high reward move.
    I'm a Kentucky fan, but Locke is going to have problems, especially if the spine injury reports are true. In addition to injuries, he's undersized for a NFL RB. He's in the same boat as Noel Devine from West Virginia, and Devine was more heralded coming out of high school. It's funny how eerily similar careers the two have had.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm a Kentucky fan, but Locke is going to have problems, especially if the spine injury reports are true. In addition to injuries, he's undersized for a NFL RB.
    None of this is news. It's precisely why he wasn't drafted.

Hence why you bring him in as an UFA.

It's unquestionable that he has been electric when healthy. Will he ever be that player again? Who knows.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    You forgot to mention Daulton's biggest weakness....his red hair. Can you name me one great red headed quarterback?
    Sure:

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

...and...

.....and...

I was only joking about the red head thing, didn't someone come out in Sports Illustrated and say that?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I'm bummed that OSU's Cam Heyward got drafted by the Steelers.

Great career with my Buckeyes and now I'm going to have to hate him as a Steeler. Great pick by them, I'm sure he'll fit in well with their defense.

Bah.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I'm bummed that OSU's Cam Heyward got drafted by the Steelers.

Great career with my Buckeyes and now I'm going to have to hate him as a Steeler. Great pick by them, I'm sure he'll fit in well with their defense.

Bah.
    Too bad how that works. I had to do the same thing with RB Jamal Lewis and the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Too bad how that works. I had to do the same thing with RB Jamal Lewis and the Ravens
    It really does suck. I had to do it with Randle El.

God I hate the Steelers.

A little late but great draft by the Bengals. I think Dalton will end up being the best QB out of this class and we know Green is going to get the job done asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    A little late but great draft by the Bengals. I think Dalton will end up being the best QB out of this class and we know Green is going to get the job done asap.
    I think it was a good draft and if it is then it'll be two really good drafts back to back. Last year was not rated so good in May but a year later it looks to be excellent. String some good drafts together and we may have something

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think it was a good draft and if it is then it'll be two really good drafts back to back. Last year was not rated so good in May but a year later it looks to be excellent. String some good drafts together and we may have something
    The Bengals can usually have great drafts like this, it's a matter of developing the players they draft.

It's easy to call it a win right now, but with Mike Brown's stamp on this organization and the other "great drafts" that have fallen apart, especially under Lewis's tenure, I'm waiting before rushing to judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?