Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Reds/Marlins Trade Brewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty View Post
    If I'm the Marlins, it is close. But think the Latos deal and that is the return you should expect for Stanton.
    I just hate to part with Cingrani or Stephenson.

Unloading some of these guys who are simply blocked by major leaguers is what I'd like to do - outfielders such as Lutz, FPerez, YRod, etc. HRod is blocked at the infield level. Villareal is probably a AAAA player and not really in our plans but maybe benefits from being in the Miami organization. Guillon has upside. And Hamilton is our #1 prospect. Leake is one of the best #5's in MLB and probably is a #4 with upside to be better than that.

I'm sure they'd want either Cingrani or Stephenson included in a deal though.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Pretty sure with their track record, The reds would only have to give up Izturis for Stanton

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I just hate to part with Cingrani or Stephenson.

Unloading some of these guys who are simply blocked by major leaguers is what I'd like to do - outfielders such as Lutz, FPerez, YRod, etc. HRod is blocked at the infield level. Villareal is probably a AAAA player and not really in our plans but maybe benefits from being in the Miami organization. Guillon has upside. And Hamilton is our #1 prospect. Leake is one of the best #5's in MLB and probably is a #4 with upside to be better than that.

I'm sure they'd want either Cingrani or Stephenson included in a deal though.
    If I'm the Marlins, talks begin with a package that includes Cingrani and Stephenson for an outfielder that they have control for another three seasons. Add a J.J. Hoover, Chris Heisey and a lower level prospect and you might get their attention.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

I put this in the .0001% likelihood of any truth that it involves Stanton.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Unless you're planning to bring Arroyo back next season or to move Chapman into the rotation, I think you've gotta be pretty careful about any trades that involve Cingrani or Stephenson.

I fully support the idea of "Win Now" -- but, at the same time, I also fully support the idea of "No More Jimmy Haynes," and it's tough to see how the Reds build a rotation beyond 2014 or 2015 if you're launching a pitcher under team control for 5 more years (Cingrani) and your best (only?) real pitching prospect of note in Stephenson.

I'd much rather build a package around Billy Hamilton.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (05-09-2013),Revering4Blue (05-09-2013)

^I agree. I have no qualms about trading Hamilton.

Funny how most wouldn't part with Hamilton last year but after a bad month at AAA we're ready to give him away. I'd be ok if I was wrong but there is little chance the Reds will end up with Stanton......

Marlin's owner Jeffrey Loria has taken huge heat for getting back equal value in their other trades. I think the Marlins are looking for proven major league talent who come on the cheap in return for Stanton. I don't see anyway guys like Cingrani, Chapman, etc are not involved. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Funny how most wouldn't part with Hamilton last year but after a bad month at AAA we're ready to give him away. I'd be ok if I was wrong but there is little chance the Reds will end up with Stanton......
    I don't think many think there is a much of a chance, it's just something to talk/dream about.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    Marlin's owner Jeffrey Loria has taken huge heat for getting back equal value in their other trades. I think the Marlins are looking for proven major league talent who come on the cheap in return for Stanton. I don't see anyway guys like Cingrani, Chapman, etc are not involved. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for Frazier.
    If they ask for Frazier I will help pack his bags. And I love Frazier.

Not a one for one, he'd just be part of a deal. Like I said i think they are looking for major league ready players who are on the cheap. From the Reds perspective I think they would need Miami to take back payroll whether it be Cueto, Bruce, or someone else. Not sure Miami wants to do that, but they may if the deal is right.

Then who plays 3rd?

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    Then who plays 3rd?
    I Don't Know.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

16. Likes:

RichRed (05-09-2013)

Then who plays 3rd?
    Scott Rolen of course.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Then who plays 3rd?
    Isn't who on first?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

19. Likes:

redsfandan (05-09-2013)

Turn Off Ads?