Turn Off Ads?

Thread: watching the WBC and Yadier Molina looks way thinner!!

watching the WBC and Yadier Molina looks way thinner!!

Im watching the Spain versus Puerto Rico game and Molina looks way thinner.. he either lost alot of weight, or... dont want to speculate..

2. Likes:

Blitz Dorsey (03-08-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: watching the WBC and Yadier Molina looks way thinner!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfansince72 View Post
    Im watching the Spain versus Puerto Rico game and Molina looks way thinner.. he either lost alot of weight, or... dont want to speculate..
    I noticed the same thing...and wondered the same thing.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

He was still gunning dudes down on the bases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    He was still gunning dudes down on the bases.
    And his time from home to first is now down to 9.5 seconds.

My wife has been out of town for a few days, and last night I took our 9 year old daughter to our neighborhood Italian restaurant for dinner. We sat down at the bar, and they had the Puerto Rico vs. Spain game on. After a few minutes, there was a dustup when a batter for Spain got plunked, and Yadi was being Yadi about it.

My daughter asked who the catcher was. I told her that it was Yadi Molina, he plays for the Cardinals, and he's a bum.

She promptly responded: "Go Spain!"

8. Likes:

AtomicDumpling (03-10-2013),bigredmechanism (03-09-2013),cumberlandreds (03-09-2013),remdog (03-09-2013),Spider Tre (03-11-2013),Spitball (03-09-2013),The Operator (03-09-2013),Tommyjohn25 (03-11-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    My wife has been out of town for a few days, and last night I took our 9 year old daughter to our neighborhood Italian restaurant for dinner. We sat down at the bar, and they had the Puerto Rico vs. Spain game on. After a few minutes, there was a dustup when a batter for Spain got plunked, and Yadi was being Yadi about it.

My daughter asked who the catcher was. I told her that it was Yadi Molina, he plays for the Cardinals, and he's a bum.

She promptly responded: "Go Spain!"
    You, like I, have raised your daughter correctly.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    You, like I, have raised your daughter correctly.
    Why are you raising his daughter at all?

11. Likes:

757690 (03-09-2013),Barney (03-17-2013),bigredmechanism (03-09-2013),coachpipe (03-11-2013),JayBruceFan (03-09-2013),JB12 (03-09-2013),jhiller21 (03-10-2013),KYRedLeg (03-10-2013),LexRedsFan (03-12-2013),OnBaseMachine (03-09-2013),savafan (03-09-2013),Superdude (03-10-2013),The Operator (03-09-2013),Tom Servo (03-10-2013),Tommyjohn25 (03-11-2013)

Can we just put an embargo on steroid / weight speculation threads?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Can we just put an embargo on steroid / weight speculation threads?
    Clearly you have something to hide. How much weight have you lost this off season? Need I point out that you're in Miami, the epicenter of the current PED scandal? You can set the interview with Oprah now or we'll continue to speculate about you behind your back.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

14. Likes:

RadfordVA (03-11-2013),RedEye (03-10-2013),Tom Servo (03-10-2013)

So does Giancarlo Stanton.

For a Level Playing Field

Molina is a catcher... OK, you knew that. Molina is in the highest level of baseball b/c of his catching. Hitting, running... not why he plays in MLB. He is a very good catcher. Fielding, game calling, base steals, etc.

Perhaps he is smart enough to realize the the knees (legs period) are crucial to continue being a MLB catcher. He is not getting any younger and less weight is key to keeping strong legs/knees for a long season. I doubt Molina will stick around late in his career as a DH/1B/PH type of guy. He knows as he turns 31 this summer, that it gets tougher doing the job that keeps him in MLB.

The anti Corky Miller approach.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Clearly you have something to hide. How much weight have you lost this off season? Need I point out that you're in Miami, the epicenter of the current PED scandal? You can set the interview with Oprah now or we'll continue to speculate about you behind your back.
    Best shape of my life!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Oh dear lord can we stop with this please? It's not because he's a Cardinals player. I've had this stance since Jose Bautista threads appeared here years ago. It's foolish to allude or speculate to something when there is no evidence showing that a player is using. Yes, Yadier looks thinner. He had some weight to lose though. I'm going to blame that on good nutrition rather than anything nefarious.

Turn Off Ads?