Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is the Reds' #17 prospect for 2013?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Drew Cisco

1 2.70%
  • Jacob Constante

1 2.70%
  • Tim Crabbe

0 0%
  • Jeff Fellhauer

0 0%
  • Amir Garrett

2 5.41%
  • Jeff Gelalich

2 5.41%
  • Ryan LaMarre

2 5.41%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

5 13.51%
  • Seth Mejias-Brean

14 37.84%
  • Jonathan Moscot

0 0%
  • Curtis Partch

0 0%
  • Jonathan Reynoso

5 13.51%
  • Sal Romano

0 0%
  • Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • Steve Selsky

0 0%
  • Juan Silva

0 0%
  • Bryson Smith

0 0%
  • Kyle Waldrop

1 2.70%
  • Ryan Wright

4 10.81%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect for 2013?

Who is Redszone's #17 prospect for 2013?

1) Billy Hamilton
    2) Robert Stephenson
    3) Tony Cingrani
    4) Daniel Corcino
    5) Jesse Winker
    6) Nick Travieso
    7) Henry Rodriguez
    8) Ismael Guillon
    9) Yorman Rodriguez
    10) Tanner Rahier
    11) Dan Langfield
    12) Neftali Soto
    13) Donald Lutz
    14) Chad Rogers
    15) Tucker Barnhart
    16) David Vidal

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #17 prospect for 2013?

This one is obviously going to be between SMB and Reynoso. I'll go with the guy who has produced over the guy whose ranking is based solely on potential. Give me SMB.

Ryan Wright

You need to put Sean Buckley on this list. Reds organization's 10th ranked prospect in 2012, currently still at number 10. Should make it to AA Pensacola this year. Had an injury riddled year, struggled a bit. Still hit .244 with 14 HR and 68 RBI. Not to mention Brodie Greene as well. 5 of the top 11 prospects currently in the Reds organization haven't even been picked yet on this list. Wright, Greene, LaMarre, Lotzkar and Buckley.
    Last edited by Red Swagger; 01-29-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Swagger View Post
    You need to put Sean Buckley on this list. Reds organization's 10th ranked prospect in 2012, currently still at number 10. Should make it to AA Pensacola this year. Had an injury riddled year, struggled a bit. Still hit .244 with 14 HR and 68 RBI. Not to mention Brodie Greene as well. 5 of the top 11 prospects currently in the Reds organization haven't even been picked yet on this list. Wright, Greene, LaMarre, Lotzkar and Buckley.
    There's no way Mayo's updated that list outside of maybe adding some new players after the draft. Greene's bat has been completely lifeless outside of that bandbox in Bakersfield. Wright still has a chance, but he's not exactly young and didn't do much to dispel the utility guy tag with his play last year. Lotzkar's arm injury showed up again and it appears he's headed to the bullpen. Buckley showed what is very possibly a fatal plate discipline problem unless something clicks. Things change fast in the prospect world.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve4192 View Post
    This one is obviously going to be between SMB and Reynoso. I'll go with the guy who has produced over the guy whose ranking is based solely on potential. Give me SMB.
    Reynoso produced to the tune of a .312 BA last year. Granted, he did forget how to walk, but he has shown in years past how to be much more patient. Reynoso apparently oozes tools, and one of those includes this really solid hit tool.

SMB is also a very exciting prospect. He had a very solid year last year and I like him as a prospect more than 3-4 guys already picked.

That being said, Reynoso and SMB both produced last year. I think it is very close as to which prospect is more valuable, but to see Reynoso is all potential and no results, I will disagree, good sir.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you add Juan Perez to the poll from now on, that will be great. And uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another
    copy of that memo, mmkay?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Reynoso produced to the tune of a .312 BA last year. Granted, he did forget how to walk, but he has shown in years past how to be much more patient. Reynoso apparently oozes tools, and one of those includes this really solid hit tool.
    Meh

Color me unimpressed with an empty batting average. Despite his pretty batting average, his OBP was pedestrian (328) and his Iso SLG (100) was no better than Billy Hamilton's. For a guy who is being touted as a five-tool talent to put up the same Iso SLG as a guy who grades out with '20' power on the scouting scale is not good. I'm not a fan of his at all, especially since most scouts see him moving to a corner as his frame fills out. No matter what his tools are, his production does not look like that of a corner outfielder.

I went with Cisco just on a gut feeling he will be good. His numbers weren't bad considering the timeframe in relation to his injury. Plus, I think makeup can be an underrated trait when looking at young pitchers as physical traits sometimes get overrated. Once we get this deep into the prospect depths, I'll go with the guy who "knows how to pitch."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    To be fair, almost EVERYONE walks in the developmental leagues internationally. Pitchers there are incredibly wild for the most part. For example, the league wide BB/9 in the DSL in 2011 was 4.4. If you go back and look at guys who came over to the US, almost every single one of them has a MUCH higher walk rate internationally than they do in the US. Guys who don't walk in those leagues are ones to be incredibly skeptical about ever being able to do anything in the US because they are probably the most aggressive hitters you have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To be fair, almost EVERYONE walks in the developmental leagues internationally. Pitchers there are incredibly wild for the most part. For example, the league wide BB/9 in the DSL in 2011 was 4.4. If you go back and look at guys who came over to the US, almost every single one of them has a MUCH higher walk rate internationally than they do in the US. Guys who don't walk in those leagues are ones to be incredibly skeptical about ever being able to do anything in the US because they are probably the most aggressive hitters you have ever seen.
    Doug, maybe I've missed it, but what is your take on Reynoso? Have you seen him in person? I am pretty intrigued by him due simply to the fact that he supposedly has elite upside. I like having guys like that, even if they are lotto tickets as opposed to guys with upside of 5th OF even if they are more likely to reach their potential.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    Doug, maybe I've missed it, but what is your take on Reynoso? Have you seen him in person? I am pretty intrigued by him due simply to the fact that he supposedly has elite upside. I like having guys like that, even if they are lotto tickets as opposed to guys with upside of 5th OF even if they are more likely to reach their potential.
    I haven't seen him yet. I have a few reports on him though (aside from the one at BA). I like him, but I have him at #25 on my personal list. There is upside, but there is a lot of risk with him too. He is an incredibly raw player at this point in his career without many baseball skills right now (he has the tools that can one day make for good skills, but right now, his baseball skills aren't really good).

Turn Off Ads?