Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Paul Walker dead at 40

-The Insider-

Paul Walker dead at 40

This is very sad.

Paul Walker -- best known for his role in "The Fast and the Furious" movies -- died Saturday afternoon after a single-car accident and explosion in Southern California ... TMZ has learned.

The accident happened in Santa Clarita -- north of Los Angeles -- and according to multiple sources connected to Paul ... the actor was in a Porsche when the driver somehow lost control and slammed into a post or a tree ... and then the car burst into flames.

Several of our sources -- some who are still at the scene of the accident -- tell us Paul and another person in the car were killed. Law enforcement is still on the scene, and we're told the L.A. County Coroner's Office is on the way.

1130_paul_walker_accident_scene_twitterAt this point, it's unclear what caused the accident, or who was behind the wheel when it happened.

Paul was 40 years old.

Sources close to Paul tell us he was in Santa Clarita for a car show to support the Philippines typhoon relief effort, and had been taking friends out for rides in his new Porsche GT. The accident happened during one of those test spins.

A rep for Paul confirms he was leaving the charity event at the time of the wreck.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2mBo5TjvD

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Paul Walker dead at 40

I thought it was a hoax at first. It's a damn shame he had to go so young.

Sounds like a really good person, RIP.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm genuinely bummed that he won't be around to continue making Fast & the Furious movies any longer. They're one of the best things going in Hollywood right now.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I'm genuinely bummed that he won't be around to continue making Fast & the Furious movies any longer. They're one of the best things going in Hollywood right now.
    I agree. Pure, exciting fun with no pretense. I've seen four of them in the theater (don't tell anybody). Sounds like they're going ahead with 7, but they still had a month of shooting left.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?