Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: At Least Stanton Cares...

Re: At Least Stanton Cares...

This thread sucks.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    No one could throw a hissy like Big O'Neill.
    he was quite good at helmet punting.

I'm sure he could punt his helmet farther than Lou could throw a base (I miss those days).

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    This thread sucks.
    Always a smiley for the occasion
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    The point is, what difference does it make? Smiling or crying, we have no idea what's going on in their heads. To expect passion is unrealistic, IMO. It's not required to be a great ballplayer. Does it help? I don't know. But, I, for one, am not interested in how much a guy beats himself up after losses.
    Well, if he has a big smile on his face, chances are he's not down in the dumps.

As for your other point on passion, I think talent will take you so far. Everyone in the majors has talent. It's the guys who have heart to go with talent who often become great players. To expect passion is unrealistic? I don't think that's accurate. It's a matter of having more desire to win or less desire to win, IMO. While we don't know what's going on in their heads like you say, it's easy to see the guys that play with heart and passion.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I have a lot in common with Stanton.... I'm old, I care too, and can't pitch.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I have a lot in common with Stanton.... I'm old, I care too, and can't pitch.
    Are you a lefty? if you are I'd be calling Kirvsky if I were you
    Go Gators!

Oh yeah, I'm absoulutely thrilled we have guys like Stanton who look mad when they suck. Truly that is the #1 barometer of intensity, attitude, and talent. I bet Cormier would just think about his favorite episode of The Simple Life and laugh when he sucked.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?