Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ryan Hanigan

Ryan Hanigan

It's mind boggling to imagine what this guy could do higher up in the lineup. He's hitting over .300 batting 8th every night. 2nd best pure hitter on the team and handles the bat extremely well and gets on base. I vote him for cleanup or 2nd.

But we all know that Dusty hates him so that will never happen.

BP
    Hanigan (but, he's not fast dude)
    Vottomania
    Bruce
    Heisey
    Frazier/Costanzo
    Stubbs
    Cozart (if he keeps hitting like he has lately)

or

BP
    Frazier/Cost
    Votto
    Hanigan
    Bruce
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Cozart

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ryan Hanigan

Do you want your cleanup hitter on the bench two out of every five games? That's my only problem. I think he should be higher up, but I'd like to get to a point where we have some stability in the lineup where guys can get into a fixed role. I think that's good for everyone. I don't think that ever happens when your cleanup hitter is a part-time player.

Although it could be worth a shot since we don't have any consistency in our lineups anyway.

I see your point but the manager's job is to put the players in the best position to succeed as a team every day. Hanigan batting up in the lineup when he plays is fine. And he should be playing more as well. Bruce should bat cleanup otherwise. But we all know how Dusty feels about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Do you want your cleanup hitter on the bench two out of every five games? That's my only problem. I think he should be higher up, but I'd like to get to a point where we have some stability in the lineup where guys can get into a fixed role. I think that's good for everyone. I don't think that ever happens when your cleanup hitter is a part-time player.

Although it could be worth a shot since we don't have any consistency in our lineups anyway.
    If it gives you a better chance that game. If

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Doc Rodgers is leading the campaign on WLW to move him up in the order. I like the idea. Unfortunately, I don't see Dusty being flexible enough to do it. Joe Maddon would.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Lineup I'd like to see:

1. Phillips
    2. Heisey
    3. Votto
    4. Bruce
    5. Hanigan
    6. Frazier
    7. Stubbs
    8. Cozart

It's maddening how impossible it is for Hanigan to play himself into a better batting slot. 1st, 2nd, 4th. Get him up there somewhere.

Vs RHP
    2B Phillips .298 .316
    CF Heisey .257 .295
    1B Votto .333 .484
    C Hanigan .309 .365
    RF Bruce .283 .333
    LF Frazier .220 289
    3B Costanzo .365 .450
    SS Cozart .207 .270
    Pitcher

Stubbs late inning replacement for D moving Frazier to 3B & Heisey or Ludwick to LF

Vs LHP
    2B Phillips .162 .262
    LF Heisey .250 .318
    1B Votto .233 .389
    C Mesoraco .313 .353
    RF Bruce .256 .298
    3B Frazier .400 .400
    SS Cozart .314 .351
    P
    CF Stubbs .270 .289

His .363 SLG keeps him on the bottom of the lineup

He is a singles hitter, 81% of his hits are singles. Plus he is the slowest person on the team.

But then again our cleanup hitter has a .659 OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    His .363 SLG keeps him on the bottom of the lineup

He is a singles hitter, 81% of his hits are singles. Plus he is the slowest person on the team.

But then again our cleanup hitter has a .659 OPS
    I don't care what kind of hits he's getting. If he's getting on base in front of the middle of our order, he's doing a better job than what we're running out there now. It's not like Stubbs or Cozart is slugging particularly well.

Turn Off Ads?