Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Re: 2011 Indianapolis Colts discussion

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I am never to overly confident on much but I am 100% sure your wrong. Irsay is a business owner, he knows in 3 years Manning will likely be done. His business will not be making nearly as much money three years from now if the Colts have to start over without a franchise QB. With Luck, the Colts may take their lumps the next year or two but for the long haul of ten years or so the Colts should be a top notch NFL contendor and Irsay will rake in the profits. Yea the fans will cry if Manning is sent packing, I am sure many will turn in their season tickets in disgust but at the end of the day when the Colts are back on top with Luck, the fans will be back. Polian while he does have a bad record recently is a HOF GM. He knows building around a franchise QB like Luck will get you to the SB quicker than sitting around waiting for a 36 year old QB with 3 neck surgeries to retire so you can start over.

I mean can anyone see Bill Polian, Jim Irsay and the rest of the Colts brass sitting around a table all talking about how scared to death they are of ending up with the #1 pick?? I can't see them all cheering a #2 or #3 pick as opposed to a #1 pick so they don't have to make a tough decision the fans don't like. These are football men and business men, what the fans think is of little importance to them.
    Again I hope you are right, I just think that Irsay does not want to be the man that cuts the man who saved the franchise and brought him a Super Bowl. I think they want the top pick but do not want to have to decide on Manning.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My niece's neighbor works for the Colts and she said that he said expect a house cleaning January 2.

Im getting flashbacks of the 86 season all over again

GaryHogeboom and the Colts shocked the NFL by winning the last three games of their season to finish up at 3-13. Most had expected them to have the worst record in the NFL which would have positioned them to draft University of Miami star Vinny Testaverde with the first pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. With those wins, they improved their record over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who ended up with Testaverde. Just substitute Hogeboom for Dan orlovsky and fast forward aprox.25 years

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Im getting flashbacks of the 86 season all over again

GaryHogeboom and the Colts shocked the NFL by winning the last three games of their season to finish up at 3-13. Most had expected them to have the worst record in the NFL which would have positioned them to draft University of Miami star Vinny Testaverde with the first pick in the 1987 NFL Draft. With those wins, they improved their record over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who ended up with Testaverde. Just substitute Hogeboom for Dan orlovsky and fast forward aprox.25 years
    Cornelius Bennett wasn't exactly chopped liver. As redsfanmia pointed out, Testaverde was a mediocre NFL QB.

A lot of busts in the first round of the '87 draft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_NFL_Draft

As of right now, The Vikings will not be picking 1st. It's either the Rams or Colts picking 1st. Rams will not take Luck. The question is, should the Rams pick ist.. will the Colts have to majorly outbid other teams for the top pick just to move up one spot? Most likely not, especially if the rumors of the Rams interested in WR Justin Blackmon are as true as the "experts" suggest they are.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 12-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Cornelius Bennett wasn't exactly chopped liver. As redsfanmia pointed out, Testaverde was a mediocre NFL QB.

A lot of busts in the first round of the '87 draft.
    Oh i know vinny was mediocre at best. I was just pointing out how it seems like history repeating itself with the colts playing themselves out of the top pick .

Well, Indy winning this week and Minnesota winning this week was interesting. So Minnesota is out of the Luck sweepstakes. I really don't see St. Louis winning their last game either. So, really, it comes down to Indy in Jax. I think that's going to be a tough game for them.

I'm confused, you think it will be a tough game for Indy to win or a tough game for them to lose?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I'm confused, you think it will be a tough game for Indy to win or a tough game for them to lose?
    To win. I think Indy has the edge for Luck as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    To win. I think Indy has the edge for Luck as of right now.
    If Jacksonville loses they can move to the 4th pick and it knocks the Colts who they play twice a year out of the Luck sweepstakes, I think Jacksonville wants to lose this game almost more than the Colts do.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    If Jacksonville loses they can move to the 4th pick and it knocks the Colts who they play twice a year out of the Luck sweepstakes, I think Jacksonville wants to lose this game almost more than the Colts do.
    The one saving grace for the Colts is that Maurice Jones-Drew is still the leader in the race to win the NFL rushing title. He shouldn't have much trouble against the 29th ranked Colts run defense. He's not going to roll over for anyone.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Well, the issue with that is the same as with the Colts: Of all the people who might want the team to lose, the players and coaches on the field aren't among them. Losing games has a way of inspiring doubt about future employment in the football industry.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

So begins one of the most interesting offseasons for any team that I can think of.

2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    So begins one of the most interesting offseasons for any team that I can think of.

In the words of Lee Corso "Not so fast my friend " you might have to photo shop Robert Griffin in a colts uni

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

Nah, the writing is pretty much on the wall. Thank you Peyton for everything but it is time for Luck!!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Luck grades out better than RG III. I think Polian will listen to offers for the pick, he will have to be blown away though to not select Luck. Trading down would be the best move if he can get multiple picks and players as it would solidify the Colts as contenders for a few more seasons.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?