Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swisher???

Swisher???

Per MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

White Sox Shopping Vazquez, Swisher?
    By Tim Dierkes [November 4 at 11:07pm CST]
    According to Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune, the White Sox are aggressively shopping Javier Vazquez and Nick Swisher. Additionally, the Sox reportedly have interest in Rockies center fielder Willy Taveras.

GM Ken Williams didn't offer much info regarding possible trade talks. Van Dyck speculates on names like Luis Castillo or Julio Lugo for Vazquez, seemingly suggesting Vazquez has a terrible contract too. Hard to figure out, as he remains a useful mid-rotation starter. Van Dyck wonders whether the A's or Red Sox would have interest in Swisher, based on some tenuous Moneyball connection.

Van Dyck says the Rockies wouldn't have interest in Vazquez or Swisher, but rather a young pitcher like Lance Broadway for Taveras.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Personally I would be all over a trade that included both of these guys. I would stipulate that Freel or Gonzo would have to be part of the deal for some money relief purposes. I would then include probably 1 of our higher ranked prospects and two of the middle ranked ones and see what the Sox said.

Swisher is kind of like Dunn lite but with better D, and the ability to play multiple positions. He is also a switch hitter with power from both sides. Perfect buy low candidate IMO. I liked his years in Oakland and a move to the NL may help him out.
    Swishers Career line:
    .244 .354 .451 .805 .... Not too shabby.

Vazquez would give us the potential to have the best rotation in the division if not the National League.

Maybe a package of Freel, Thompson, Valiakia, and a throw in could get it done?
    Last edited by schmidty622; 11-05-2008 at 10:42 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Swisher???

Swish had a ridiculously low BABIP this past season at .249. This is a career low BABIP for Swish and to make it even more outrageous was that he set a career high in LD% at 20.9 in 2008. Any team that could get Swisher now is in a great position to be handsomely rewarded, because of his low value right now because of a down year. Kenny williams would be foolish to trade him, but any other GM would be getting away with highway robbery if they could obtain Swisher.

Being from Ohio, He may do better with the Reds because he may feel comfortable playing half the season closer to home.

Just a thought

Might be a good time to get those two in a steal of a trade? ChiSox seem interested in unloading them more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Might be a good time to get those two in a steal of a trade? ChiSox seem interested in unloading them more than anything.
    Hell Yeah. Do that and maybe sign a RP and you got yourself an offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Per MLBTRADERUMORS.COM

White Sox Shopping Vazquez, Swisher?
    By Tim Dierkes [November 4 at 11:07pm CST]
    According to Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune, the White Sox are aggressively shopping Javier Vazquez and Nick Swisher. Additionally, the Sox reportedly have interest in Rockies center fielder Willy Taveras.

GM Ken Williams didn't offer much info regarding possible trade talks. Van Dyck speculates on names like Luis Castillo or Julio Lugo for Vazquez, seemingly suggesting Vazquez has a terrible contract too. Hard to figure out, as he remains a useful mid-rotation starter. Van Dyck wonders whether the A's or Red Sox would have interest in Swisher, based on some tenuous Moneyball connection.
    Van Dyck says the Rockies wouldn't have interest in Vazquez or Swisher, but rather a young pitcher like Lance Broadway for Taveras.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    wow did an actual paid writer write that? that makes me kinda feel sorry for tribune readers.

anyway, i'd have some interest on swisher. it just depends on the cost.

i'll pass on vazquez.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 11-05-2008 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    wow who writes this stuff?

anyway, i'd have some interest on swisher. it just depends on the cost.

i'll pass on vazquez.
    Por Que?

Por Que?
    Vazquez had the lowest xFIP on the white sox staff at 3.96. It was 22nd in the Majors ahead of pitchers Edinson Volquez, John Lester, and John Lackey along with many others. Vazquez's FIP was even lower at 3.81. He consistently pitches 200 innings every year and averages around 200 ks as well. He is one of the best, if not the best pitcher available on the market this year for what it is going to cost to get him. Ozzie stupidly labeled him as unclutch because he has the intelligence of a small child and that has tanked his value within the White Sox system because the only GM stupid enough to listen to ozzie is Kenny Williams. If I were to play the percentages, I'd say that Javvy is going to have a dominant year next year. It would be foolish to pass up on an offer for a pitcher of this caliber for what the asking price is.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/thtstat...ion=ASC&page=1
    Last edited by Emin3mShady07; 11-06-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: forgot to add the link

Quote Originally Posted by Emin3mShady07 View Post
    Vazquez had the lowest xFIP on the white sox staff at 3.96. It was 22nd in the Majors ahead of pitchers Edinson Volquez, John Lester, and John Lackey along with many others. Vazquez's FIP was even lower at 3.81. He consistently pitches 200 innings every year and averages around 200 ks as well. He is one of the best, if not the best pitcher available on the market this year for what it is going to cost to get him. Ozzie stupidly labeled him as unclutch because he has the intelligence of a small child and that has tanked his value within the White Sox system because the only GM stupid enough to listen to ozzie is Kenny Williams. If I were to play the percentages, I'd say that Javvy is going to have a dominant year next year. It would be foolish to pass up on an offer for a pitcher of this caliber for what the asking price is.

http://www.hardballtimes.com/thtstat...ion=ASC&page=1
    I'm with you man, I don't think Vazquez gets enough love.

until he is dealt we won't know for sure what the sox would demand for him. if the price is for him is low enough than fine add him to that list of starting pitchers that people around here want. maybe it's just me but i'm not still not convinced that we NEED to acquire one right now and imo the #1 priority is still an outfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    until he is dealt we won't know for sure what the sox would demand for him. if the price is for him is low enough than fine add him to that list of starting pitchers that people around here want. maybe it's just me but i'm not still not convinced that we NEED to acquire one right now and imo the #1 priority is still an outfielder.
    We'll if they're shopping Swisher AND Vazquez might as well improve both aspects of the team.

We'll if they're shopping Swisher AND Vazquez might as well improve both aspects of the team.
    kinda like if you wanted to add players to your fantasy team
    Last edited by redsfandan; 11-06-2008 at 04:22 PM.

^^Well if the reds offer a big name prospect like Bailey, I'm sure the White Sox would bite on such an offer if there were one or two other trivial players added into the deal. williams is recklessly shopping these two from the buzz I have read and picked up on from the chicago radio stations and sports articles in a desperate attempt to add speed and I feel that he can be lured into a terrible trade by any team with a decent prospect or two, and the Reds certainly fit that bill.

Just what we want. A guy that was so bad last year he was benched for Griffey.
    Reds 2010 NL Central Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sabowned View Post
    Just what we want. A guy that was so bad last year he was benched for Griffey.
    Perfect time to buy.

Turn Off Ads?