Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Where in the world is ORH?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Where in the world is ORH?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's part of what make it such a great place.
    People want their goods delivered but don't want the people who deliver those goods to have an adequate place to rest after the delivery. Some states appreciate the people who bring the goods while others act like the goods just magically appear on the store shelves.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    People want their goods delivered but don't want the people who deliver those goods to have an adequate place to rest after the delivery. Some states appreciate the people who bring the goods while others act like the goods just magically appear on the store shelves.
    I think you're reading to much into it. It probably has a lot more to do with the price and scarcity of real estate as it does anything else.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I think you're reading to much into it. It probably has a lot more to do with the price and scarcity of real estate as it does anything else.
    I was just responding to a comment that a small number of truck stops is somehow a good thing. It just rubbed me the wrong way.

That aside, I did enjoy the scenery in northern Cal. Some nice drives there.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

I think there is plenty of truck stops along I-5. But it's gong to be a hot one today.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Exactly, plus my comment was tongue in cheek too... and you'll find (like RBA says) plenty of truck stops 75 miles off the coastal area. Where land is cheaper and folks don't have to pay and arm and leg for acreage. As for "goods" the Bay Area is also a shipping and rail hub and thus goods arrive in more ways than in trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Exactly, plus my comment was tongue in cheek too... and you'll find (like RBA says) plenty of truck stops 75 miles off the coastal area. Where land is cheaper and folks don't have to pay and arm and leg for acreage. As for "goods" the Bay Area is also a shipping and rail hub and thus goods arrive in more ways than in trucks.
    It was late and I was tired and cranky.

I did find plenty of places down 5 all the way to L.A., but I didn't need to stick around long. I'm headed across I-10 with a load bound for Atlanta. I stopped in Phoenix for a D' backs game last night, grabbed some sleep east of Tucson, and I'm now in New Mexico a couple hours from El Paso.

If you get stuck in Atlanta. Reds are in town 4-6 Sep. Fri, Sat, Sun

It's been a while since I updated this one. I took a load from home on the 2nd and delivered in Sacramento. Since then I've been down to L.A., from L.A. to Boise, from Boise to Medford, OR, and now I'm headed up to Portland to hang out for the weekend and try my luck for something out of there Monday. I hope this rain stops and the weather clears up a bit, but I guess the rain is better than snow.

Turn Off Ads?