Rolen 3B
    Lewis LF
    Hanigan C
    Renteria SS

(Bailey P)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Redlegs_87

Re: 5-21-11 Reds @ Indians

Ok well I give up on Dusty every purposefully putting together a solid line up.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Gomes again. In the 2 hole, no less.

It's getting to the point where I don't even enjoy watching this team. I feel like Sisyphus.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Gomes should be very thankful for the continued opportunity Dusty is giving him, for whatever reason.

unfreakingbelieveable, Gomes batting 2nd again...just wow

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs_87 View Post
    Ok well I give up on Dusty every purposefully putting together a solid line up.
    These lineups are getting ridiculous... We need a lineup of

Stubbs
    Renteria
    Votto
    Phillips
    Rolen
    Bruce
    Hernandez
    Heisey/Lewis
    Janish

You could either DH Renteria or DH Rolen with Renteria and Janish on the left side of the infield or you could have Renteria and Rolen in the infield with Heisey/Lewis/Hanigan as your DH. I would be fine with all of these lineups but instead Dusty insists on running out one of his stupid lineups where he trusts Gomes to actually do something at the plate.

Stubbs (CF)
    Bruce (RF)
    Votto (1ST B)
    Phillips (2ND B)
    Rolen (3RD B)
    Hernandez (C)
    Heisey/Lewis (LF)
    Gomes/Heisey/Lewis (DH)
    Renteria/Janish (SS)

Lets Party Like it's 1869

^this. What will it take for dusty to say, gomes unless u produce as a pinch hit role, your not going back in the everyday lineup.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Years of having to hit with offensive black holes in front of him are probably taking a toll on Votto...and possibly paving his way out of the Queen City.

It seems Baker's answer to any slump is to plug the slumper in front of Votto.

Gomes has no business hitting second, ever.

But then neither did Seabass, nor Janish.

That said, Lewis is in the lineup today, so I'm happy to see that. But Heisey or Hernandez should also be in. Not Gomes.
    Last edited by malcontent; 05-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Dusty likes to say he tries to play certain hitters against pitchers he thinks they can hit. Why doesn't he simply look at the splits, and start Gomes (only) against LHP?

Reds can still win two in Cleveland in spite of Dusty. Hell, they won the division last year in spite of him.

Dusty getting testy:

“What I’m getting tired of is negative stories about somebody who’s not doing something or somebody gets thrown out stealing. It’s called stealing because you’re stealing. You’re going to caught stealing sometimes. If a guy ain’t hitting, he ain’t hitting. If a guy ain’t pitching right, he ain’t pitching right. "
    Hey, Baker, don't read the papers. Don't look at the computer. Don't listen to the radio. If you know so much and fans and writers are so stupid why pay attention? Why would that bother you? LOL. Baker taking a swipe at the fans and the media. Stay classy, Dusty. They pay your freaking salary.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-21-2011 at 03:06 PM.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

he said negative stories, it wasn't directed towards the fans.

Dusty went on to say something to the effect of if a guy is slumping you don't just take his job away in regards to janish/renteria.

i want to get excited about this game but i really can't, the horrendous lineups Dusty keeps throwing out there doesn't give us much of a chance and i believe Votto is becoming frustrated because of it. Indians should win this game or it's an upset

baker is unfireable thats the problem when you hire a thin skinned illiterate moron

Turn Off Ads?