Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jared Burton

Jared Burton

Interesting quote from Jerry Narron (from the Reds official site)

"Stuff-wise, he's probably got the best of anybody in our bullpen." -- Narron, on Rule 5 Draft pick Jared Burton, a 25-year-old right-hander
    Are the Reds purposely raising Burton's stock for some reason (the only reason I can think of is to trade him ) or does he really have better stuff than Coffey and Bray???

I know others have speculated, but I'm more and more believing Krivsky knows Burton will be the PTBNL in the A's deal....otherwise they are making it fairly clear that he'll stick with the club...which by the way, I like a lot...I got to see him 3 times this spring and he was IMPRESSIVE

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Jared Burton

i belive burton will be with the club on opening day what his role will be is undetermined

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    Interesting quote from Jerry Narron (from the Reds official site)

Are the Reds purposely raising Burton's stock for some reason (the only reason I can think of is to trade him ) or does he really have better stuff than Coffey and Bray???

I know others have speculated, but I'm more and more believing Krivsky knows Burton will be the PTBNL in the A's deal....otherwise they are making it fairly clear that he'll stick with the club...which by the way, I like a lot...I got to see him 3 times this spring and he was IMPRESSIVE
    wait. Burton as the PTBNL for Saarloos? The Reds owe the A's a PTBNL?

oh, just kill me.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    wait. Burton as the PTBNL for Saarloos? The Reds owe the A's a PTBNL?

oh, just kill me.
    Did we get Burton from the A's in the Role V draft?

If not, Burton couldn't be the PTBNL later. We have to keep him on the roster, and if we don't we have to offer him back to the team we got him from before anyone else.

Even if Burton was on the A's before coming here, I don't think him being the PTBNL is possible.

We got Burton in the draft from the A's however.

We are OWED and OWE a PTBNL. (part of the Saarloos deal)

Burton could be the one we are owed.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I'm still flaberghasted the Reds OWE a PTBNL for Saarloos.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    i belive burton will be with the club on opening day what his role will be is undetermined

I agree. And I think that's the real import of Narron's comments. He's telling people that this is a guy he doesn't want to lose.

And my opinion of Krivsky keeps improving.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I agree. And I think that's the real import of Narron's comments. He's telling people that this is a guy he doesn't want to lose.

And my opinion of Krivsky keeps improving.
    Or could Narron b sending a message to the vets in the pen they need to step it up. I think if I was a Weathers or Cormier and heard that i'd want to go out there and prove that a 25 yr. old rule 5 pick isn't better then me.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Or could Narron b sending a message to the vets in the pen they need to step it up. I think if I was a Weathers or Cormier and heard that i'd want to go out there and prove that a 25 yr. old rule 5 pick isn't better then me.
    Weathers isn't going anywhere. He was a solid reliever for us last year. Cormier could be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    Perhaps he's sending a message to Krivisky? The younger live arms is what we need, not the old dead..about to fall off...geritol arms.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    Perhaps he's sending a message to Krivisky? The younger live arms is what we need, not the old dead..about to fall off...geritol arms.
    Are we still talking about Jerry Narron? He firmly believes in the scrappy vet

Just heard Jerry talking to Marty in pregame.

I'm starting to think - based on language like "we'll do everything we can to keep (Burton)" - that you can slot Burton as your last bullpen arm and therefore can pencil Saarloos in for the fifth starter.

Belisle will go to AAA and be the early-season (pre-Homer) starter call-up when Milton gets hurt/hit.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Any chance Milton will start the season on the DL?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Any chance Milton will start the season on the DL?

Rem
    We can only hope. Is he reportedly working through an injury right now?

Surgery last fall.

Rem

Turn Off Ads?