Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Venezuelan OFer!

Reds sign Venezuelan OFer!

REDS SIGN PRIZED VENEZUELAN OUTFIELDER

The Reds have announced the signing of premier Venezuelan CF Yorman Rodriguez. The high profile, 5-tool player turned 16 years old today.

"Yorman is one of the premier position players in Latin America," said Reds Senior Director of Scouting Chris Buckley. "In Rodriguez and Juan Duran, we've signed 2 of the top players available in that market and consider both to be first-round draft picks. This organization has made great progress in international scouting."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds sign Venezuelan OFer!

That's great news. Good job Bob/Walt and company.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by princeton View Post
    REDS SIGN PRIZED VENEZUELAN OUTFIELDER

The Reds have announced the signing of premier Venezuelan CF Yorman Rodriguez. The high profile, 5-tool player turned 16 years old today.

"Yorman is one of the premier position players in Latin America," said Reds Senior Director of Scouting Chris Buckley. "In Rodriguez and Juan Duran, we've signed 2 of the top players available in that market and consider both to be first-round draft picks. This organization has made great progress in international scouting."

Oh Man the plan is looking sweet! If long term future on Red's future was in doubt? This last few days has all but sealed a future with a ton of promise.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I love this...I think we can also thank Krivsky for his hand in this one too.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Awesome, awesome news. I was fairly confident all along that the Reds were going to sign him and then a few hours ago I began to get nervous due to the lack of news. It turned out no news was good news. This signing thrills me. Yorman supposedly has the tools to be a great center fielder and has been compared to the likes of Miguel Cabrera and Carlos Beltran. His power and speed have been rated as 70's on the 20-80 scouting scale. This just further proves the Reds are becoming major players in the International scene. Juan Duran and Yorman Rodriguez were the big signings but Junior Arias was also a fairly big signing. This is awesome. The Reds have added a lot of talent to the organization lately.

Reds ink highly touted Venezuelan
    Rodriguez, 16, considered five-tool center fielder
    By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- While the Reds finalized their deal with first-round Draft pick Yonder Alonso, they also made another move on Friday night that was significant for their developmental system.

Center fielder Yorman Rodriguez, a 16-year-old from Venezuela, was signed to a contract. Considered a five-tool player, his birthday was on Friday. The youngest a foreign player can sign a contract is 16.

"He might be the top position prospect in all of Latin America," Reds scouting director Chris Buckley said.

Terms of the deal were not revealed.

Rodriguez is the second highly touted young Latin player to enter the Reds system this year. On Feb. 27, Dominican outfielder Juan Duran was signed.

"We've signed two of the top players available in that market and consider both to be first-round Draft picks," Buckley said. "This organization has made great progress in international scouting."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...=.jsp&c_id=cin

I told you guys a few weeks ago that we were getting him, and it is just now hitting me that we are really building this much talent. Please let it equal major league talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I told you guys a few weeks ago that we were getting him, and it is just now hitting me that we are really building this much talent. Please let it equal major league talent.
    Kudos to you, I remember your statement.
    A lot of sudden hope coming out of this organization with the signings and the invigorating play of some of our youngsters on the big league roster.
    So...when can Rodriguez put on a major league uniform and chase that one guy out of the center field spot?

What a great day for the Reds organization and the fan base. A marked change of direction from regimes past...yay for all around. A good day to celebrate!

What a team this could be In 2011 or 2012! We would only need to resign phillips and let these young guys play their way up... Even resigning Phillips is not a definite, Valaika could definitely play 2nd on that team...I know there are alot of ???? but also a lot of potential...

C- Devin Mesoraco
    1st- Yonder Alonso
    2nd- Brandon Phillips/Chris Valaika
    SS- Junior Arias
    3rd- Todd Frazier (Votto could move there, if not flip him for a catcher or pitching)
    LF- Juan Duran
    CF- Y'mon Rodriguez
    RF- Jay Bruce
    Last edited by jesusfan; 08-16-2008 at 10:24 AM.

The beauty of 16 yo's.....you can dream them to be anything you want.

It's a good thing that the Reds are building a program in Latin America, but I'm not willing to portend that the signing of the best high school sophomore centerfielder in "the state of Texas (roughly the pop of Venezuela)" cements the Reds status as future contenders.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

but I'm not willing to portend that the signing of the best high school sophomore centerfielder in "the state of Texas (roughly the pop of Venezuela)" cements the Reds status as future contenders.
    No, let's not let the revelry get out of hand. That would be reserved for signings by the Mariners, even farther from contention than the Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    What a team this could be In 2011 or 2012! We would only need to resign phillips and let these young guys play their way up... Even resigning Phillips is not a definite, Valaika could definitely play 2nd on that team...I know there are alot of ???? but also a lot of potential...

C- ?
    1st- Yonder Alonso
    2nd- Brandon Phillips/Chris Valaika
    SS- Junior Arias
    3rd- Todd Frazier (Votto could move there, if not flip him for a catcher or pitching)
    LF- Juan Duran
    CF- Y'mon Rodriguez
    RF- Jay Bruce
    That would be an awesome, awesome lineup oozing with talent and potential. Something we haven't seen in a while.

Only thing is, you're still talking Duran and Rodriguez being 16 year olds right now. It'll still be awfully tough to have them ready for the big leagues by 19 or so, especially since Duran has struggled this year in the DSL and Rodriguez hasn't even played yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    No, let's not let the revelry get out of hand. That would be reserved for signings by the Mariners, even farther from contention than the Reds.
    Actually no it wouldn't and by the way, if a competent FO gets installed, the Ms have the resources to become competitive very quickly.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

if a competent FO gets installed, the Ms have the resources to become competitive very quickly.
    best of luck to you

Turn Off Ads?