Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would these numbers be good enough for our SS

Would these numbers be good enough for our SS

If we could get a GG type of SS who could post these type of offensive numbers would you be happy especially if he cost us under say 1.5 million per season...

10-15 Homeruns per year
    50-60 RBI's per year
    .260-.270 avg
    .350+ obp
    .380-.400 slg

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would these numbers be good enough for our SS

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    If we could get a GG type of SS who could post these type of offensive numbers would you be happy especially if he cost us under say 1.5 million per season...

10-15 Homeruns per year
    50-60 RBI's per year
    .260-.270 avg
    .350+ obp
    .380-.400 slg
    Question: What SS is going to put up those Numbers?

Answer: Not Paul Janish

Your Answer: Paul Janish

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    Question: What SS is going to put up those Numbers?

Answer: Not Paul Janish

Your Answer: Paul Janish
    No the question is, would you be okay with those numbers from your short stop who is paid under 1.5 million and has GG potential.

No the question is, would you be okay with those numbers from your short stop who is paid under 1.5 million and has GG potential.
    HYpotheticals is in another thread I think...

HYpotheticals is in another thread I think...
    No hypotheticals, if the Reds SS whoever that might be posted those kind of numbers and at the cost i stated, would he be a good choice?

No hypotheticals, if the Reds SS whoever that might be posted those kind of numbers and at the cost i stated, would he be a good choice?
    GO ahead... Janish will be a starter and batting 2nd in the lineup. I will remind you in May when he is batting average starts sinking the battleship...

GO ahead... Janish will be a starter and batting 2nd in the lineup. I will remind you in May when he is batting average starts sinking the battleship...
    Who said anything about batting him second? At no time have I ever said bat him second, in fact I said you bat him 8th, now if Dusty is to stupid to see that, how is that janish's fault?

Who said anything about batting him second? At no time have I ever said bat him second, in fact I said you bat him 8th, now if Dusty is to stupid to see that, how is that janish's fault?
    Thats what is going to happen Dude...

okay what if your starting SS put up these numbers for his first 3 seasons on your team, would you keep him or dump him?

BA: .260 - .205 - .209
    obp: .324 - .246 - .272
    HR: 1 - 1 - 2
    RBI's 19 - 20 - 29
    SLG .317 - .251 - .270
    GP: 101 - 130 - 119

If you are the GM and manager, you have seen your starting SS post these numbers in his first 3 seasons...would you bring him back for a fourth? Would you bench him or just get rid of him?

Thats what is going to happen Dude...
    So again how is that Janish's fault that the manager is an idiot?

okay what if your starting SS put up these numbers for his first 3 seasons on your team, would you keep him or dump him?

BA: .260 - .205 - .209
    obp: .324 - .246 - .272
    HR: 1 - 1 - 2
    RBI's 19 - 20 - 29
    SLG .317 - .251 - .270
    GP: 101 - 130 - 119

If you are the GM and manager, you have seen your starting SS post these numbers in his first 3 seasons...would you bring him back for a fourth? Would you bench him or just get rid of him?
    I would find a more producative player... If that player was 20-21-22 years of age, sure... but Janish is 28 Man!

I would find a more producative player... If that player was 20-21-22 years of age, sure... but Janish is 28 Man!
    So you would have cut that SS who posted those type of numbers his first three season in the show? Don't you think you should give him a few more years to see if he is going to develope?
    Last edited by brm7675; 12-24-2010 at 06:16 PM.

So you would have cut that SS who posted those type of numbers his first three season in the show? Don't you think you should give him a few more years to see if he is going to develope?
    In 2 or 3 more years, Janish will be 30 dude...

He is 28, how much more do you think he is going to D E V E L O P ?

In 2 or 3 more years, Janish will be 30 dude...

He is 28, how much more do you think he is going to D E V E L O P ?
    i am not asking for Janish to be the SS for 2-3 years, I am looking at next season. i believe if batted in the 8th spot and allowed to play everyday he could easily beat out the numbers i posted at the beginning. No he is never going to be Barry Larkin, but we don't need that, we need a SS who is GG caliber and can help cover for a very poor defensive 3rd basemen.

i am not asking for Janish to be the SS for 2-3 years, I am looking at next season. i believe if batted in the 8th spot and allowed to play everyday he could easily beat out the numbers i posted at the beginning. No he is never going to be Barry Larkin, but we don't need that, we need a SS who is GG caliber and can help cover for a very poor defensive 3rd basemen.
    He doesn't have the power in your hypothetical.

Janish at shortstop isn't going to make or break this team, either. They have enough offense in their lineup that one player isn't going to sink them.

Turn Off Ads?