Turn Off Ads?

Thread: addition by subtraction

addition by subtraction

Leake needs to be gone and so does Bruce. these 2 haven't been producing for this team. Heisey can immediately step in for Bruce but gonna be awhile until Leake can be replaced with Cueto or Bailey. This team won't be elite until those changes are made

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: addition by subtraction

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Leake needs to be gone and so does Bruce. these 2 haven't been producing for this team. Heisey can immediately step in for Bruce but gonna be awhile until Leake can be replaced with Cueto or Bailey. This team won't be elite until those changes are made
    Welcome to another season of great knee-jerk reactions after a tough loss. What a brilliant idea it would be to put Bruce in the minors.. Are you frikin kidding me??? We are 9 games into the season... 9 games. Bruce will be fine. Leake had one bad inning today.. Let's not forget how the bases got loaded. Fluke base hits. It happens in baseball from time to time. We lost a game we should have won. It happens. If you recall our pitching staff didn't do squat in April last year with the exception of Leake then it caught fire.

they jsut gave Bruce 50 million. he aint goin anywhere

Yeah. Dusty and Walt should be fired as well, and I really hope Bob Castellini considers selling the team, too.

NL Central champs

Jay Bruce had a OPS of .846 last year at the age of 23.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/...OPS/order/true

The above link shows what most teams get out of their right fielders, I would consider Jay Bruce a well above average right fielder.

Homer Bailey has never had a higher ERA than Mike Leake had last year but you want Homer to replace Leake, I think our rotation should consist of Leake, Cueto, Arroyo, Volquez, and Wood since those are clearly the five best pitchers we have. This leaves Homer as the odd man out and he needs to go to the bullpen and pitch their and he can be traded or enter the rotation once we have an injury.

I think Maker's comments would be more convincing if he used actual facts instead of just posting what he thinks should happen without any real evidence as to why that should be done.

This thread redefines absurdity.

Follow us on Twitter! @Redlegs_Review
    Link to my Reds blog http://redlegsreview.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ruREaDy2 View Post
    hahahaha...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I don't want to get rid of Bruce either. But his early issues in the majors start with not being able to produce with men on base. I cringe when he comes to the plate in rbi situations.

I can understand people getting on Bruce (don't agree with it, butI can see it), but Leake? I though he pitched really well his first game, and except for the HR he gave up yesterday, all of those hits he gave up in that inning were ground balls that happened to find holes. None of them were hit hard.....he could have easily been out of that inning clean had he caught a break or two.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Is maker 84 Marty B., incognito?

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    Only thing that "needs to be gone" is this thread.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

With young players you have to be willing to accept issues like we are seeing with both Bruce and Leake. Relax..we still have over 150 games to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    I can understand people getting on Bruce (don't agree with it, butI can see it), but Leake? I though he pitched really well his first game, and except for the HR he gave up yesterday, all of those hits he gave up in that inning were ground balls that happened to find holes. None of them were hit hard.....he could have easily been out of that inning clean had he caught a break or two.
    Leake had a good opening game yes but since the middle of the season last year he's done awful. Unfortunately i believe that first game was an anomaly

Turn Off Ads?