Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2013

Re: Ohio State Football 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Negatory..... home and home just the way it should be
    Sorry, I wasn't serious. Just making light of the overreaction to the Xavier/UC fight that has them playing at a neutral site now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Right call going for 2 there. Unfortunately the outcome didn't go our way.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Total mismatch in Alabama right now. Was hoping Auburn could pull off an upset but it became clear early on their gimmicky offense was not going to work against a D-line like Alabama's. Their defense is not going to be able to stop Alabama either. Tide dominating line of scrimmage. This one going to be over by mid third quarter.
    You clearly don't understand football if youve watched alot of AUburn football and think Auburn's offense is gimmicky. I'll assume you just haven't watched Auburn enough to really have an informed opinion.
    Last edited by jojo; 11-30-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm a Michigan fan. I'm not disgusted . They couldn't stop OSU's running game and their offense was on a roll. I'm ok with the call.

Great game despite the outcome.
    I agree. I said when Mich started the drive that they needed to go for two. Even Urban said that he agreed with it. I just disagree with the play call. You got to be more creative than telling a receiver to run two yards, turn around and then receive the game winning pass

Here is the problem I had with the call. You line up in a specific formation, run 9 in motion and OSU calls time out because they wanted to see formation and make adjustments. Then after the time out you go out in same formation, same motion, same play. OSU had all three trips blanketed.

Just seems they should have adjusted based on Meyer's adjustment, IMO.

As for going for 1 or 2 I can see both sides or argument.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-30-2013),traderumor (11-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree. I said when Mich started the drive that they needed to go for two. Even Urban said that he agreed with it. I just disagree with the play call. You got to be more creative than telling a receiver to run two yards, turn around and then receive the game winning pass
    All things being equal, shoot a layup for tie and OT or shoot the 3 for the win, I'll take the layup. And it doesn't matter what my record is, it is about winning this particular game, and OT was a very attractive option here, more attractive than a post-time out, do or die play.

Again, I think Hoke was playing the hero here.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-30-2013)

Total mismatch in Alabama right now. Was hoping Auburn could pull off an upset but it became clear early on their gimmicky offense was not going to work against a D-line like Alabama's. Their defense is not going to be able to stop Alabama either. Tide dominating line of scrimmage. This one going to be over by mid third quarter.
    Whether or not this was a reverse jinx effort, it worked.

Of course, the backup kicker may have blown the extra point kick too.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Whether or not this was a reverse jinx effort, it worked.
    I wish. But it's the beginning of the half. The disparity between the lines on both side of the ball is too much, IMO. Alabama wears teams down over time. But anything is possible. The first half started this way too.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Alabama got away with some holding in the end zone on that long pass play.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I wish. But it's the beginning of the half. The disparity between the lines on both side of the ball is too much, IMO. Alabama wears teams down over time. But anything is possible. The first half started this way too.
    The difference has been the LBers. Auburn's Oline is owning Bama through three quarters.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Talking SEC football in the OSU thread is like Cardinal fans coming to Redszone.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-01-2013),Redsfaithful (11-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Right call going for 2 there. Unfortunately the outcome didn't go our way.
    I agree, I gotta imagine in overtime it's 50/50.

I think the odds of converting for 2 are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Talking SEC football in the OSU thread is like Cardinal fans coming to Redszone.
    Then you could top stop talking about it.

Fool me once....

Turn Off Ads?