Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your smartphone?

Re: What is your smartphone?

iphone 4 for over a year now.Still works and looks the same way it did when I bought it.Got the 32GB so plenty of room for apps and music to keep me entertained.Never freezes up and has plenty of battery life.

While the phone is over a year old there's a new operating system coming out soon that should help speed it up some(although I have no complaints)and add some new features.The new update is likely to be a free download.

2. Turn Off Ads?

iPhone 4 here. Quite happy with it.

32 gb iPhone 4 on Verizon

Love it.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Motorola Defy.

A nice simple android phone.
    Go Gators!

I went from cheap pre-paid non-smart phone to cheap pre-paid Android. T-Mobile Comet. Loved Android so much I bought a ASUS Transformer Tablet.

HTC EVO 4G

Mine lives in an Otterbox, and is huge but I love it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Very cool. Thanks.

I think this is the future. One device for phone, internet, games, wallet, etc, that everyone will have at all times.

BTW, just got the EVO and love it. It's the best and most intuitive interface I've ever used, and does everything I need it to do. I do like my games on my iPad better, but I think android will catch up on that area shortly.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I've had the EVO since it came out and am eligible for an upgrade but I'm waiting. Not impressed enough with the EVO 3D.

Most likely going to go iPhone 5 if Sprint really gets it, which it sounds like they will.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Love my Streak. So naturally Dell discontinued it. They have a 4 inch android phone called the Venue and a windows 7 phone called the Venue Pro. There was a rumor they were producing another 5 inch phone called the Opus One, but that seems to have fizzled.

The Samsung Note, sold in Europe has a 5 inch screen. I'd love to get one as it is a dual processor phone.

This is the Streak I wanted to get...

Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

iPhone 4 here.

It's funny how these things evolve -- back in the late '80s, simply having a cell phone of any kind was a big deal. Then having one small enough to fit in a pocket was. For quite a while, the race was to see who could create the smallest phone. Then the Internet-enabled smartphones came out and we're seeing size creep back up for the sake of better viewing.

As a practical matter, though, there's only so big a smartphone can get before it crosses over into tablet territory. As far as I'm concerned, the iPhone is nearly at the upper limit of what fits comfortably in a pocket. That's why I don't have an iPad yet -- I'm either at home in front of my computers, or on the go with the iPhone in my pocket. The in-between-ness of the iPad, as much as I like the concept, doesn't fit anywhere in my daily life.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Droid Eris. Awful phone, just awful. Has been slow since the day I got it and it locks up all the time. It was the cheaper version of the Droid but I would not recommend it to anyone.

a 5 inch phone took a while to get used to. I am not sure i could ever use a smaller phone now. Dell actually listed it as a tablet/phone because of the size.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Droid Eris. Awful phone, just awful. Has been slow since the day I got it and it locks up all the time. It was the cheaper version of the Droid but I would not recommend it to anyone.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=554

Maybe a custom ROM will help your Eris.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=554

Maybe a custom ROM will help your Eris.
    English please?

Actually I am just biding my time until I can get a new phone. Its sad because sometimes I have to use my wife's iphone to make calls. I would actually go back to my old flip phone but I like the camera, twitter (although it takes 2 minutes to load) and my daily Calvin and Hobbes comic.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

iPhone 3GS -- waiting to see what Apple has in store for the next iPhone. I'm eligible to upgrade and am sitting on a $200 Apple gift card that I received for Christmas last year, but I'm not going to upgrade if the new iPhone isn't a complete redesign.

I refuse to buy a phone that's made of glass. I need it to survive a 2 year contract, and I don't foresee any way possible that I can go 2 years without dropping my phone at least once. Combine that with reports of these things shattering on first drop, and that's a "no buy" for me if they don't switch to more reliable materials.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?