Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Anyone else rather be in the Sun Deck?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Are ORG people allowed to chat (mingle) during the game or are they forced to use only the game thread?

Everyone can chat.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Last edited by WMR; 05-22-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Well I still don't understand the purpose of removing a game thread. What does it hurt to allow the SunDeck to have a game thread? Is it bandwith? If you don't want to allow the riff raff in to the offical game thread then fine. But I still don't see why you would stop a game thread from being created in the Sun Deck.

I also don't understand the "no ORG can post in the Sundeck" rule. Because after a while of getting to know everyone on the Sundeck and creating relationships and not knowing a thing about the posters in the ORG, if you offered an ORG promotion to me, I'd tell you "thanks, but no thanks" and maybe thats what you guys are going for I don't know.

I really hope you reconsider SOME of these changes you have instituted, because there are alot of smart and entertaining posters that I would hate not being able to interact with anymore.
    Last edited by Caveman Techie; 05-22-2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammar chekc :)

Quote Originally Posted by redlegz View Post
    I also don't understand the "no ORG can post in the Sundeck" rule. Because after a while of getting to know everyone on the Sundeck and creating relationships and not knowing a thing about the posters in the ORG, if you offered an ORG promotion to me, I'd tell you "thanks, but no thanks" and maybe thats what you guys are going for I don't know. .
    Don't forget that everybody is allowed to post on the minor league forum and off topic forums. Also, everybody is also allowed in the chat room during the games. I know not everybody likes chat, but it is an excellent way to meet and discuss the game with various folks. So there are a couple of avenues for interaction. Lastly, you are able to read the ORG forum.

Hope I'm not stepping on the mods toes by throwing this out there, however, we can all interact in various places on RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Additionally it's not likely you'll know you are being voted on, so worrying about how long it will take or who votes is fruitless.
    Are non ORG members blocked from viewing the Future forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Are non ORG members blocked from viewing the Future forum?
    Yes. Obviously.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Agreed. I know RichRed wasn't on the initial list, but I'll be the first to admit that he's a very good poster and attitudes like this one are the kind that I like to see.
    It just occurred to me, I got demoted because I wouldn't wear the Hello Kitty backpack.

Rats!

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Does this mean we can go back to having religious and political discussions here? The peanut gallery just ain't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Does this mean we can go back to having religious and political discussions here? The peanut gallery just ain't the same.
    No.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I understand that the creators/moderators of this board have the right to run the board in any way they see fit, but it all does seem very high school-ish to me. This is the type of structure I would expect in a girls high school gossip board. Or maybe I should say the 'old gentleman's club' feel (are us girls still allowed in?....insert sarcasm here).

I'll still continue to read and post my occassional quip as it really doesn't matter to me which forum I can post in, but I do think the whole 'you must prove yourself worthy of socializing with the chosen ones' thing is rather immature.

It makes more sense to me to have one moderated forum in which anyone can submit a post, but then the post will not appear until a moderator reviews it and deems it acceptable. This is still somewhat subjective of course, but at least all topics are grouped in the same forum, which alleviates the problem of multiple threads in different forums pertaining to the same topic, and also allows everyone the opportunity to converse with all other members equally. Many other forums utilize this format and seem to run smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    It makes more sense to me to have one moderated forum in which anyone can submit a post, but then the post will not appear until a moderator reviews it and deems it acceptable. This is still somewhat subjective of course, but at least all topics are grouped in the same forum, which alleviates the problem of multiple threads in different forums pertaining to the same topic, and also allows everyone the opportunity to converse with all other members equally. Many other forums utilize this format and seem to run smoothly.
    I have no idea of how to run a message board, but that seems like it would be an awful lot of work with # of posts this website gets. Maybe I'm wrong though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I have no idea of how to run a message board, but that seems like it would be an awful lot of work with # of posts this website gets. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Yes, I would agree that you are probably correct. But there are hundreds, if not thousands of message boards out there that use that method.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yes, that's an option with the system we use, but with a site this size, it would be a logitical nightmare for those that have to review every single post. Plus, I don't particularly like the idea of a select few deciding which individual posts are, or aren't, good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHammer View Post
    Yes, I would agree that you are probably correct. But there are hundreds, if not thousands of message boards out there that use that method.
    If you want to pay me for the trouble, then I'm all for it. That engineering degree won't make me cheap though.

We do this on a strictly volunteer basis and receive nothing in return.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Here is a suggestion. I think it has merit but who knows. Why not have a mod-for-a-week program? Let the people who are new, but not too new, get a chance to see how the other half lives. Maybe if everyone at some point in their Redszone life gets to experience the headaches and sleep deprivation that go along with being a mod there will be less griping? Maybe that is not possibly logistically. I don't know. If that is a dumb suggestion then just know that my evil twin sometimes trolls this board. =)~

Turn Off Ads?