Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theo Trade Ethics

Theo Trade Ethics

2. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: Theo Trade Ethics

Kinda what you come to expect from that organization.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Maybe the Dodgers shouldn't have low balled the Cubs thinking they were the only landing spot for Dempster after the Braves drama. I think Theo and Jed played it perfectly as they knew he wanted to go to Dodgers but showed Dempster they didn't want to offer anything of value for him and got him to accept a far better offer from them with the Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Maybe the Dodgers shouldn't have low balled the Cubs thinking they were the only landing spot for Dempster after the Braves drama. I think Theo and Jed played it perfectly as they knew he wanted to go to Dodgers but showed Dempster they didn't want to offer anything of value for him and got him to accept a far better offer from them with the Rangers.
    Do you feel it is acceptable for Theo and Jed to allow Dempster to listen in and not be upfront with the Dodgers about him being on the phone?

Seems very shady and unethical to me.

That was shady. Crappy. Whatever you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Do you feel it is acceptable for Theo and Jed to allow Dempster to listen in and not be upfront with the Dodgers about him being on the phone?

Seems very shady and unethical to me.
    They deny doing it but I don't have any issue with it. The Dodgers felt they were the only landing spot for Dempster after he used his 10-5 rights on the Braves, so once they felt they had the leverage they only offered mediocre prospects. Theo and Jed knew Ryan wanted to go to LA and the only way to get him off that is to show him how little they felt he was worth and by doing so they get a far better deal from Texas.

I hope Walt does the same thing if it means paying none of the remaining money and getting a far better package in return.

This is wrong. Plain and simple.

Defending it because it "worked" is bs.

Fortunately, Walt would not do this.

If Walt done the same thing people here wouldn't have any issue with it, Theo and Jed did what was best for them and the Cubs rather than giving them Dempster for a fringe prospect and eating the money.

I don't have an opinion either way, but you know the only reason the dodgers are mad is because they said some very negative things about Dempstrr.

If Walt done the same thing people here wouldn't have any issue with it, Theo and Jed did what was best for them and the Cubs rather than giving them Dempster for a fringe prospect and eating the money.
    Don't speak for me. Some people in this world still don't apply ethics situationally.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Don't speak for me. Some people in this world still don't apply ethics situationally.
    Then you may want to quit watching baseball and sports in general because tons of shady things go on every single day and only a microscopic portion comes to light.

Then you may want to quit watching baseball and sports in general because tons of shady things go on every single day and only a microscopic portion comes to light.
    Nah. I'll keep watching. And I'll decide what rubs me the wrong way, be it my team or someone else's. See how that works? Easy peazy. Independent thinker.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Nah. I'll keep watching. And I'll decide what rubs me the wrong way, be it my team or someone else's. See how that works? Easy peazy. Independent thinker.
    One of our best players in franchise history is banned from the HOF so we as a franchise don't have much room to say what is and isn't ethical.

One of our best players in franchise history is banned from the HOF so we as a franchise don't have much room to say what is and isn't ethical.
    And he has been thoroughly criticized for doing so. Not sure what part of this you don't understand. I'm not responsible for Pete Rose's actions. His getting himself in trouble does not eliminate me in any way, shape or fashion from commenting on what's ethical moving forward.

Some of us think he's a real POS, too.

Turn Off Ads?