Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Which free agent signings do you agree with?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Stanton

5 6.17%
  • Alex Gonzalez

19 23.46%
  • Both of them

49 60.49%
  • Neither of them

8 9.88%

Thread: Free agent votes

Free agent votes

Do you favor the free agents we've picked up so far? Why or why not?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Free agent votes

agree with both...both are small steps to make this a better club.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I think Shoenewies would of been a better use of money than Stanton.. not down for givning a 40 year old a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd.

I'm fine with both of them, although personally I would have taken care of the real problems on this team before locking up a glove man and a reliever.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    I'm fine with both of them, although personally I would have taken care of the real problems on this team before locking up a glove man and a reliever.
    We all set on here and say stuff like this. We should trade dunn for whatever and sign zito and schmidt the problem is wayne cant do it all. Another team has to agree to a trade and a free agent has to agree to come here. If he spent all offseason working on a trade and never got us a shortstop or bullpen help he would be a complete idiot. Hes doing a good job we just need to have realilistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Horrible defense isn't considered a "real" problem?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BoCcc2832 View Post
    Do you favor the free agents we've picked up so far? Why or why not?

I"ll wait till we find out how long Stanton was signed for, and just how much he will cost. before I vote.

I approve of both of these. I'd really approve of a solid bat, as well.

good moves that sure up the pen and gives us some defense up the middle. like someone else posted we need to be realistic about who we get. we took a big risk when we got griffey and it will be along time before the ownership aproves a move like that again.(hope i'm wrong) my next move would be unloading larue and get another starting pitcher. i have no problem keeping loshe if he's our 5th starter.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I voted neither.

I was in favor of Phillips to SS with a 2B brought in. That deal could have gotten or at least come close to Belliard or Kennedy and might have made Freel more useful. The defense would still have been much improved from 2006 and the offense would be a lot better. This line-up would look better with Belliard in the 6 hole in front of Phillips and the catchers.

The Stanton signing is redundant. The Reds already have 6 LH for the pen (Bray, Cormier, Shack, Claussen, Coutlangus and Pelland) and Stanton seems no better than that group. When I heard 1 year at $1 Million I was ok and thought maybe it meant a Cormier trade was in the works (it still could). Now I'm hearing 2 years and I'd bet the money will be higher. I'll be real against it then unless a trade of some of these other LH nets the Reds something real useful.

I voted for both of them. The Reds got a great defensive SS and improved the Bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Horrible defense isn't considered a "real" problem?
    Sure, but it could've been fixed in-house by putting Deno in center, Phillips at short, and Freel at second. Maybe those aren't the optimal solutions, but they are solutions nonetheless, and provide Wayne with the flexibility to attack defense after getting a bat and a starting pitcher. Those are the things this team desperately needs.
    Makes all the routine posts.

I also voted for both. These are earthshaking moves, but they move us in the right direction. Added defense on the left side is going to help us immensely and if there is an offensive uptick from playing in GABP, all the better. Regarding Stanton, I was taken by his significant post-season experience - in 11 out of his 18 seasons, he's been in the post season! I like that intangible in the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I also voted for both. These are earthshaking moves, but they move us in the right direction. Added defense on the left side is going to help us immensely and if there is an offensive uptick from playing in GABP, all the better. Regarding Stanton, I was taken by his significant post-season experience - in 11 out of his 18 seasons, he's been in the post season! I like that intangible in the pen.
    The post season thing is something that is not talked about much but I think is very important. Both Stanton and Gonzales have substantial post season experience which is something this team badly lacked last year.

Turn Off Ads?