Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 3rd rd pick RHP Scott Carroll to start in Dayton

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

3rd rd pick RHP Scott Carroll to start in Dayton

Interesting that the Reds start a 23 year old college pitcher (although he was a college QB at Missouri State for a year and played QB at Purdue for some time as well) in Dayton. The Dragons roster is set to be finalized on Friday sometime, so hopefully we will get word of it around that time.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3rd rd pick RHP Scott Carroll to start in Dayton

I was sort of hoping Carroll would start in Sarasota. Hopefully if he is pitching well after May they'll bump him to Sarasota.

Also it looks like Kyle Lotzkar will begin the season in extended spring training and then most likely report to Billings in June.

Among other pitchers contending for spots in the Dragons starting rotation are left-handers Jamie Arneson and Andrew Bowman and right-handers Matt Klinker and Curtis Partch.

Klinker is a native of West Chester who played at Lakota West High School before starring at Furman University.

Partch tossed five solid innings for the Dragons in an exhibition game Thursday afternoon against Delmarva, allowing just three hits and one run in five innings while walking one and striking out four.
    http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3611594

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Also it looks like Kyle Lotzkar will begin the season in extended spring training and then most likely report to Billings in June.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3611594
    I read that too.... I was hoping that it didn't mention Lotzkar because he wasn't competing for a spot, but had one already. Still holding out hope for that one.

Lotzkar is headed to Billings, although they really liked what they saw of him this spring. If you look at the Dayton pitching staff, it will be basically every college pitcher the Reds drafted last June inside of the first 30 rounds minus the Honeycutt kid, who retired, plus three holdovers in Valiquette, Young, and Arneson.

Yep, my brother is headed to Dayton! I talked to him a couple of nights ago and he said the coaches have been happy with his progress. The plans are to have him in high-A Sarasota by the all star break and possibly Chattanooga by the end of the year. Of course, that all depends upon how he throws and how hard he works, but I have faith in him and am proud of him regardless of where he ends up. His agent told me that the Reds organization has been revamped and that their direction is to have their guys go through every level of the minors. (I don't know whether that's just agent talk or whether it's true, so take it with a grain of salt).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going to see him play in Dayton. I have heard great things about the park and crowds in Dayton!

Quote Originally Posted by mumike View Post
    Yep, my brother is headed to Dayton! I talked to him a couple of nights ago and he said the coaches have been happy with his progress. The plans are to have him in high-A Sarasota by the all star break and possibly Chattanooga by the end of the year. Of course, that all depends upon how he throws and how hard he works, but I have faith in him and am proud of him regardless of where he ends up. His agent told me that the Reds organization has been revamped and that their direction is to have their guys go through every level of the minors. (I don't know whether that's just agent talk or whether it's true, so take it with a grain of salt).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to going to see him play in Dayton. I have heard great things about the park and crowds in Dayton!
    Since Krivsky has been here, that's pretty much been his method. There are very few who skipped a level thus far on his watch, even if the steps have been short. He's stated a number of times that he believes we have various levels of minor leagues for a reason. Good luck to your brother. I think we're an exciting organization with a growing stable of young players throughout our system.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?