Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latos out after 7?

Latos out after 7?

I'm not arguing or bashing Dusty....just want other's thoughts.

To me this team really started kicking at the point when Dusty started staying with guys like Homer and Latos when he normally would've taken them out. He's trusted Cueto all year and Homer, Latos and both others more often than expected (except for Leake....he's pulled him every time but once when we figured)....today Latos thru 7 inn gave up only 3 hits and struck out 8...with 97 pitches. There is simply no was to know but Latos in the 8th and Chappy in the 9th was very possible.

Do you think the wear of innings on the starters played a role with the decision?

***Latos may have told Dusty he was gassed. (guessing not but you don't know)

I hope the wear of innings had a play in the decision....even though I don't agree.

Obviously if Broxton has better fortune this thread never happens....but I'm always a fan of the starter staying in when possible.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Latos out after 7?

They will go to Jonathan Broxton in that situation every time its the reason we got him.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

I think that one could have gone either way. Latos could have gone one more, but if you've got a guy like Broxton down there, that's the exact reason why.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I would have left Latos in. But for the most part our pitching has been getting it done. This offense is what will hold this team back if anything. They don't hit a lot normally and when they're slumping they just flat out stink.

Yes you have broxton there but no need to use him when Latos isnt struggling. bad move

I wondered myself why they took him out after 7. I think he only had about 97 pitches at that point. Still, Broxton has to be able to get that last out in the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    I wondered myself why they took him out after 7. I think he only had about 97 pitches at that point. Still, Broxton has to be able to get that last out in the 8th.
    i really dont blame broxton too much, he shares the blame with Navarro.

Not going to win many scoring just two.

Quote Originally Posted by jback76 View Post
    I would have left Latos in. But for the most part our pitching has been getting it done. This offense is what will hold this team back if anything. They don't hit a lot normally and when they're slumping they just flat out stink.
    Yep. I feel that having that hot streak right before the trade deadline and all the talk about "chemistry" caused us to not make a deal when we should have. This team needs more OBP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdattilo View Post
    Not going to win many scoring just two.
    Agreed. This team is built to win a lot of games 4-3 and 3-1 but we're also going to lose a lot by the same score unfortunately.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cooperlamar View Post
    Agreed. This team is built to win a lot of games 4-3 and 3-1 but we're also going to lose a lot by the same score unfortunately.
    We really needed Bruce to step up but he drove in a total of 9 whole runs in July and 11 since the AS game

Not saying he bears all the blame but he's collecting a bunch of money to be one of the anchors for this team..
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    i really dont blame broxton too much, he shares the blame with Navarro.
    I don't really blame either of them. You had a fluke with the "swinging bunt" and a couple of flares. There's nothing that would have changed the outcome IMO.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Ugh....looks like Latos wanted to keep going.

Attachment 6191

I probably would've left Latos in, but if not I'd have gone with Marshall over Broxton.

Broxton got the first two guys before things starting falling in, if we want to take any issue I would say it would be not bringing in Chapman after the throwing error and go for a 4 out save.

Turn Off Ads?