Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Beer

Re: Least Favorite Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    I think the only beer I absolutely cannot drink is Cave Creek Chili Beer. I think I still have nightmares about that one. Why in the world anyone would voluntarily drink a beer with a green chili pepper in it is beyond me.
    Yea, I think that was the crap I drank.

I'd be a tea totaler if all beer was like that beer.

Or switch to the hard stuff anyway.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good god was Imperial Pilsner bad. I couldn't even finish a third of it, ended up using the rest to unclog various drains around the house. Also not a fan of anything miller...

Hempen Ale was a specialty beer I was never fond of. Beer made with denatured hemp seeds in an attempt to cash in on the "legalize it" movement. The hemp seeds seemed to give the beer an astringent unpleasant bitter taste that would ruin the nice bitterness of the hops, in my opinion.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Little Kings tastes like rancid horse urine.

As a non-drinker who has been told to drink beer when I get a (too-frequent) kidney stone, I hope to find this thread instructive. I'm still in the trying-out stage. Nothing terrible yet, although I've found I have no use for light beer.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Blue Moon and any beer with a sweet fruity flavor except Corona.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

I think the only beer I absolutely cannot drink is Cave Creek Chili Beer. I think I still have nightmares about that one. Why in the world anyone would voluntarily drink a beer with a green chili pepper in it is beyond me.
    I didn't really mind the actual chili in the beer as much as the odd, chemical taste of the beer itself. I had forgotten about that horrible beer.

I love MGD & MGD 64 but Miller Lite I cannot stand, unless its free of course.

Olympia was pretty horrible. Used to get kegs of that stuff in college because it was so cheap, you get what you pay for.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Any beer that is brewed specifically to be consumed in abundance would be my least favorite beer. They usually have very little taste and leave me with a hangover, no matter how few I drink.

Also, any "light beer", because they are part of the above category, and because people who have weight problems should just drink less beer, not more worse beer.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Tastes like a gasoline fire.

I tried it once, had one gulp. I had to quit drinking early that night, because no other beer would erase that awful taste.

I'll add this one to the list...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3268/24059
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 05-06-2009 at 11:41 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Any beer that is brewed specifically to be consumed in abundance would be my least favorite beer. They usually have very little taste and leave me with a hangover, no matter how few I drink.

Also, any "light beer", because they are part of the above category, and because people who have weight problems should just drink less beer, not more worse beer.
    Drink less beer? Blasphemy.

Colt 45..... nuff said
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I've never liked any Miller product.

Little Kings..... bleech
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Colt 45..... nuff said
    I think you picked the winner.

Votto = MVP

I just graduated from college this past month, and we were having a party at our house for one last hoo-rah. We had a few kegs, but one of our friends felt the need to bring a six pack of a special beer for us all to split for celebration. Well it turned out to be the absolute worst beer I've ever tasted. It was Old Leghumper from the Thirsty Dog Brewing Company. He says he bought it for the name, and I wouldn't recommend buying it for the taste.. that's for sure.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I've never liked any Miller product.
    me neither. In my younger days, at parties, you'd see more warm Millers sitting around on tables then any other beer. Don't know if it was because people forgot where they set their beer, or once it gets semi-warm it's skunk brew.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?