Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Re: 8/24/12 - Reds vs Cards

Bruce strikes out swinging

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cards haters remember. If they don't get hammered in Cincy, they'll get hammered in Pittsburgh. And if they don't get hammered in Pittsburgh, they'll get hammered in D.C.

Cards bullpen has struck out 10 batters

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    The Reds' beat up on bad teams, they have had an easy schedule, they're a very good team, it's how they do in series like this that concerns me, because it'll be just like this one in October, or last night, with or without Votto.

We can only "hope" they stave off the Cardinals, because a 4-5 game lead ain't all that if they can't take 2 of 3. It's hard not to be a bit concerned.

But losing to the Cardinals in a game they should win like tonight, considering the next two matches, is ridiculously frustrating.

Not sure why some posters can't just understand that and let some things pass and shrug it off, it's baseball, it's the internet, people overreact, people have differing opinions, that's life.
    Thank you!!! That was much of what I wanted to articulate, but just kept forgetting.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Arroyo would be a great wiffle ball pitcher
    LOL. True. I'm picturing crazy stuff like bugs bunny cartoons. :O)

Frazier strikes out swinging. 11 of the last 13 outs are strike outs.

Reds are up to 12 K's. Looks like they're gonna roll over for the rest of tonight.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Frazier strikes out swinging. 11 of the last 13 outs are strike outs.
    that's incredible..
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Cards pitchers struck out five in a row TWICE tonight.

Rolen grounds out. 8-5 Cards after 7.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Reds are up to 12 K's. Looks like they're gonna roll over for the rest of tonight.
    Yep, it is looking that way. Unfortunately.

About to go play some Battlefield 3 on PC. That'll turn the mood that this game has placed me in around . Anyone join me?
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    that's incredible..
    The Reds hitters looked so good the first 3 innings and incredibly bad after that.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    The Reds' beat up on bad teams, they have had an easy schedule, they're a very good team, it's how they do in series like this that concerns me, because it'll be just like this one in October, or last night, with or without Votto.

We can only "hope" they stave off the Cardinals, because a 4-5 game lead ain't all that if they can't take 2 of 3. It's hard not to be a bit concerned.

But losing to the Cardinals in a game they should win like tonight, considering the next two matches, is ridiculously frustrating.

Not sure why some posters can't just understand that and let some things pass and shrug it off, it's baseball, it's the internet, people overreact, people have differing opinions, that's life.
    If they take 2 of 3, it's still a 6-game lead.

Losing to the Cardinals in a game they "should win" is nothing more than losing a game that should have been won. It doesn't hold extra special implications because they lost it. Not sure why some can't understand that.

You're right about one thing though...people do overreact. That's really the most important point here.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    About to go play some Battlefield 3 on PC. That'll turn the mood that this game has placed me in around . Anyone join me?
    I would be in if I had that game.

What's that song say, again? Love is a battlefield? That's certainly the case with the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?