Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: germano and mosley

germano and mosley

I guess not good enough for this illustrious, Reds staff. Where wopuld they be on the depth chart, probably behind Majewski, Stanton and Cormier

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Roster glue

Re: germano and mosley

Don't know much about Moseley (though Anaheim is a pitcher's park), but I have the feeling Germano would look a lot like those guys with the Reds since he doesn't miss the bat at all.

That said, the Reds could really use a swingman like Germano and he should never have been traded for the now-retired Cormier.

Hindsite is 20/20. The Reds shouldnt have left Trevor Hoffman unprotected in the expansion draft, he would look pretty good a the end of the bullpen about now.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Roster glue

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Hindsite is 20/20. The Reds shouldnt have left Trevor Hoffman unprotected in the expansion draft, he would look pretty good a the end of the bullpen about now.
    ...and about the past 1.5 decades

Not only hindsight but also foresight is sometimes 20/20. There were a lot of people who didn't think it made much sense to protect Tim Pugh at the expense of Trevor Hoffman. Also, I watched Germano pitch on TV last night. Everything he throws moves and last night he certainly had command. He threw a couple of sinkers at 87 that were unhittable. We'll see how he develops as a starter. To say that he could not have been introduced last year into the bullpen at least as effectively as anybody we've found since just won't stand up. Krivsky's evaluation of talent looks worse every day.

but guys keep defending krivsky, what is the excuse for trading germano, he had one start with reds and pitched better than Milton

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Krivsky's evaluation of talent looks worse every day.
    It does. I will admit last year I thought he knew what he was doing with getting Bronson and Brandon Phillips. Then he does the stupid deal with Washington. Then goes hog wild for bullpen. We don't have anything really to show from last year.

Krivsky has to be the talk on the GM circle. They all know he can be taken.

Does anybody know the last decent pitcher produced by the Reds organization? Was it Scott Williamson ( who I consider a decent pitcher who was ruined by Trader Jack.) How many pitchers has the organization produced besides Him and Hoffman? Granted Narron is no Sparky, and I'm staring to bail on Wayne, but I think the real problem with this team is that their minor leagues can't produce one kid who can come up here and get a few people out. Isn't that the real problem with the Cincinnati Reds and hasn't that been the real problem for the past decade or so?

Agreed, which is why--for all his blunders--I like Dan O'Brien. Bailey, Fisher, Wood, Cueto, Gonzalez, Germano, Stevens, Ward. That's the best group of quality arms we've had in the minor leagues in a long time.

They had John Wetteland in their hands and let him get away too.

hey they developed curt lyons who was undefeated as well as the great kevin jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport View Post
    I guess not good enough for this illustrious, Reds staff. Where wopuld they be on the depth chart, probably behind Majewski, Stanton and Cormier

Ah revisionary history................. makes a person look like a genius doesn't it?
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Krivsky traded a guy who everyone said had a ceiling of, at best, back-of-the-rotation starter for a guy who led the league in relief ERA. At the time, I wasn't crazy about the deal, but I don't think anyone looked at it and thought it was a ridiculous deal, which is how some people seem to interpret it now. As it's been said, hindsight is 20/20.

With that said, Germano is no longer pitching at GABP and is now pitching in San Diego--I think that makes a huge difference. That's also not to mention that there is a very small sample size. Don't get me wrong--the Reds got the worse end of the deal. But it's not nearly as bad as it looks on paper right now.

Why is there so much excuse-making for Krivsky? It's not as if the Germano deal is the only time he's missed. He's been trying for a solid year to improve the bullpen and it has only gotten worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Does anybody know the last decent pitcher produced by the Reds organization? Was it Scott Williamson ( who I consider a decent pitcher who was ruined by Trader Jack.) How many pitchers has the organization produced besides Him and Hoffman? Granted Narron is no Sparky, and I'm staring to bail on Wayne, but I think the real problem with this team is that their minor leagues can't produce one kid who can come up here and get a few people out. Isn't that the real problem with the Cincinnati Reds and hasn't that been the real problem for the past decade or so?
    And one Tom Browning!

Turn Off Ads?