Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AA Options

AA Options

Didi Gregorious and Henry Rodriguez are MLB ready if needed this season. I'd skip over Negron and Janish to give these guys promotions.

Release Harris and DL Cairo right now would work for me!
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: AA Options

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Didi Gregorious and Henry Rodriguez are MLB ready if needed this season. I'd skip over Negron and Janish to give these guys promotions.

Release Harris and DL Cairo right now would work for me!
    I don't think they are. Both are off to nice starts, but I wouldn't say either is ready before they get some AAA time. Henry Rodriguez might be ready for AAA though. He has about 360 plate appearances at the level and is hitting over .300 there. Didi Gregorius is a .701 OPS guy in his short AA career so far (203 PA's).

-The Insider-

Power, if we're going by that, let's go ahead and bring up Billy

It's going to be real interesting to me to see what becomes of Didi and Henry over the next two years. Still mad about the BP signing.

I want to see Henry Rodriguez at 3B immediately. First in Pensacola, then in Louisville (after Frazier is recalled), then competing with Frazier for the starting job in Cincy next year.

DiDi can use more seasoning IMO, but he ultimately has a much better future in the Reds middle infield than Negron or Janish (or Valaika for that matter).
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I want to see Henry Rodriguez at 3B immediately. First in Pensacola, then in Louisville (after Frazier is recalled), then competing with Frazier for the starting job in Cincy next year.

DiDi can use more seasoning IMO, but he ultimately has a much better future in the Reds middle infield than Negron or Janish (or Valaika for that matter).
    Henry has played almost exclusively at third this season. So you may be getting what you want.

Henry has played almost exclusively at third this season.
    As he did over the winter. See Doug, there is more to winter ball than you may have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    As he did over the winter. See Doug, there is more to winter ball than you may have thought.
    He has played 3B in winterball for a while (as well as shortstop). Hopefully some of it stuck. Winterball has its benefits, but the stats that come out of it aren't worth a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Henry has played almost exclusively at third this season. So you may be getting what you want.
    Good!
    Go BLUE!!!

-The Insider-

I prefer fall ball as to winter ball myself.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post

It's going to be real interesting to me to see what becomes of Didi and Henry over the next two years. Still mad about the BP signing.
    Agreed. You'd think the FO would have cautioned Castellini against the signing, given the Votto contract and the presence of those two guys (and Hamilton) in the system.

I'd be curious to know how the decision to extend Phillips was actually made.
    Last edited by malcontent; 04-17-2012 at 12:21 AM.

-The Insider-

They must be tired of relying on prospects and want to get a core together. Being a Marlins fan and having a similar philosophy as a by-product of that, I am not on board with what the Reds are doing.

Extending this conversation, what's in store for Soto and Lutz and any other 1b in the system? They must look forward and see zero shot of cracking a big league 25 man roster in Cincy. Do we let them all play a season in AAA and move them for pieces? I hope we don't stick someone in AAA when they should be at the MLB level. That's a bummer.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Extending this conversation, what's in store for Soto and Lutz and any other 1b in the system? They must look forward and see zero shot of cracking a big league 25 man roster in Cincy. Do we let them all play a season in AAA and move them for pieces? I hope we don't stick someone in AAA when they should be at the MLB level. That's a bummer.
    Lutz is the LF of the future IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post

If Billy is holding his own in AA, then ya bring him up! I don't know when baseball players started to have to stop at a full season at each level before promotion. Doing so gets you to the bigs at age what 23-24 on average?. Where's the Robin Younts' and KG Jrs' cracking the bigs at 18-19 these days? Okay those are Hall of Famers, but I know there are dozens of examples; some hit some don't. How does anyone play 20 seasons any longer when they don't make the majors till age 23 or 24? Billy could certainly out produce Willie Harris, and most likely Drew Stubbs the way he's swinging the last 9 months.

I was looking through some old photos yesterday and found one I took of Denis Phipps in 2007 playing RF at Dayton. 5 Years ago... this July he'll be 27. I know he didn't hit until 2011, but it's sure a long road to the majors these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Lutz is the LF of the future IMO.
    Yes, here's a good thread on that topic:
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94547

Turn Off Ads?