That according to C. Trent

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Stanton to DL, Gosling up

Anyone have any info on Gosling?

from a statistical standpoint, www.thebaseballcube.com is your friend

I know that Gosling is 26 and he's had major league experience with the Diamondbacks in '03 and '04. It might have been '04 and '05, but all I do know was it was 2 years with the dbacks. I read it in the paper today I think.

For those that don't feel like looking it up, here are his stats this year in Louisville:

70.2 IP, 5-2, 3.06 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 7.26 K/9, 2.67 BB/9, 2.71 K/BB, 0.89 HR/9, .252 BAA, .297 BABIP.

These aren't dominating numbers, but are still pretty good. Hopefully he'll be more effective than he was in his brief stint with the Reds last year (1.1 IP, 2 ER, 13.50 ERA)

got alil captain in u?

i don't mind the call up of gosling he has major league experince and we need another lefty out of the pen.

Has Gosling been brought up to take over Arroyo's spot in the rotation? Becomes clearer every day that either something is wrong with Bronson or he had his career year last year. In either case, it's becoming next to impossible to win his starts.

Time is the Revelator.

Good choice.

Arroyo was in the pen in Boston...
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Would he be used as a back-end starter or a reliever? He could help us in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    i don't mind the call up of gosling he has major league experince and we need another lefty out of the pen.
    Gosling has pitched a total of 59 major league innings in his career with a lifetime K/BB ratio of 29/33 and a lifetime ERA+ of 94. Since 2003 Gosling hasn't had an ERA below 4.45 at any level including AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    For those that don't feel like looking it up, here are his stats this year in Louisville:

70.2 IP, 5-2, 3.06 ERA, 1.25 WHIP, 7.26 K/9, 2.67 BB/9, 2.71 K/BB, 0.89 HR/9, .252 BAA, .297 BABIP.

These aren't dominating numbers, but are still pretty good. Hopefully he'll be more effective than he was in his brief stint with the Reds last year (1.1 IP, 2 ER, 13.50 ERA)
    Those are decent numbers but as Reds fans have seen before decent minor league numbers don't always translate to major league success. I get the feeling that Gosling is Ricky Stone Part 2.

I'll always remember Gosling, no matter what he does, by the homer he gave up last year to Reggie Abercrombie.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/b...longest_hr.jsp

Check out #3 on the list. An absolute bomb,
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I'll always remember Gosling, no matter what he does, by the homer he gave up last year to Reggie Abercrombie.
    While I remember that, the thing I'll always remember was Jose Lima giving up the home run to Adam Dunn that landed in the river. It takes true talent to give a up a home run ball that technically lands in another state (the Ohio River is owned by Kentucky).

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang View Post
    While I remember that, the thing I'll always remember was Jose Lima giving up the home run to Adam Dunn that landed in the river. It takes true talent to give a up a home run ball that technically lands in another state (the Ohio River is owned by Kentucky).
    Dunn has hit some shots in his day. It'll be dissapointing if we trade him to not have Dunn or Pena. They could hit it is far as anybody.

I wonder if Dunn's shot would have cleared the riverboat now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?