Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2k7

Re: Mlb 2k7

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    When the league is started I will definitely play. It doesn't matter what team I get because I RAKE lol
    the league is full, sorry.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Have any of you guys had difficulties trading in either GM mode or franchise mode?

In 2k6 you could shop players around the league and get offers from other teams, or you could go to certain teams and ask for specific players and they'd tell you what from your roster it would take to make the deal happen.

In 2k7, every player I offer says no teams are interested, and regardless of what player I specifically go after, it says "This team is not interested in trading this player"

Maybe there's some setting or option I need to tweak besides "force trades"

Any help would be appreciated!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I have had 2k7 for about a week. The graphics are over the top. I hooked the PS3 up to my Pioneer 50" Plasma via HDMI. I am also using fiber optic for my sound. Ridiculous. The game play is pretty cool as far as I am concerned. I am playing a season. Had a 5-4 game, 7-3 and 5-2 to open the season. Of course I made myself and got a nice single in the 5.5 hole to get my first big league hit. Overall I still strike out about 10 times per game but I am king adjustments.

The pitching is a little erratic but I LOVE the fact that the catcher moves around. I also like that the catcher makes recommendations. I like that I can alter my defense a bit. The bullpens are dead on. That is really cool. The first thing that really got me was playing on a windy day the players uniforms were flapping all over. Waaay cool.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I have had 2k7 for about a week. The graphics are over the top. I hooked the PS3 up to my Pioneer 50" Plasma via HDMI. I am also using fiber optic for my sound. Ridiculous. The game play is pretty cool as far as I am concerned. I am playing a season. Had a 5-4 game, 7-3 and 5-2 to open the season. Of course I made myself and got a nice single in the 5.5 hole to get my first big league hit. Overall I still strike out about 10 times per game but I am king adjustments.

The pitching is a little erratic but I LOVE the fact that the catcher moves around. I also like that the catcher makes recommendations. I like that I can alter my defense a bit. The bullpens are dead on. That is really cool. The first thing that really got me was playing on a windy day the players uniforms were flapping all over. Waaay cool.
    Which level are you playing it on? I started out on pro but after about 5 or 6 games I was winning like 10 or 11 to nothing every game. So I moved it up to All-Star and found out that I suck and am getting crushed every game.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Which level are you playing it on? I started out on pro but after about 5 or 6 games I was winning like 10 or 11 to nothing every game. So I moved it up to All-Star and found out that I suck and am getting crushed every game.
    That's my biggest problem with most sports games. One difficulty level may be unrealistically easy, the next more difficult level is unrealistically difficult.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That's my biggest problem with most sports games. One difficulty level may be unrealistically easy, the next more difficult level is unrealistically difficult.
    I hate that too. I have MLB 2006 and I'll crush teams on Pro, but it's damn near impossible on All-Star. To hit, you have to Guess the pitch, Guess which zone it will be thrown to and also keep your timing while on All-Star level. If you play in career mode and work your way up to All-Star, which takes about 3-4 seasons if you're good enough, you can expect a big dropoff in stats... AKA hitting about .011 for the season

I have 2k7 for my 360 and I absolutely love it.

I did a fantasy draft in career mode, drafted tons of young guys. What a blast.

My rotation is hilarious:

F.Hernandez, Matt Cain, Matt Garza, Chris Capuano (my ace), and Paul Maholm (who stinks right now).

I haven't encountered any of the problems mentioned earlier in this thread as far as injuries. I love the fact that team performance and ticket pricing affect attendance (talk about realistic...the other night my Reds drew a jaw dropping 18 K fans, and the park looked depressing.).

This is a much improved game.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

My rotation is what you would expect for the '07 Reds. Harang, Arroyo, Milton, Lohse, and Saarloos. Believe it or not, Milton is my best starter so far through April(tossed a no-hitter against Milwaukee). Saarloos has struggled at the back end. My bullpen consists of LHPs Stanton, Cormier, Guardado, and RHPs Weathers, Coffey, Majewski, and Belisle. My bench has Castro, Hamilton, Crosby, Valentin, and Conine. My starting lineup has Freel in right, Phillips at second, Griffey in center, Dunn in left, Encarnacion at third, Hatteberg at first, Ross catching, and Gonzalez at short. So far through 19 games at Pro, I'm 16-3. Three up over St. Louis. I was swept by Arizona. Couldn't get a hit off of those pitchers. It's a fun game with great attention to detail. I got it for the 360, so the achievements add to the fun.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I haven't bought a newer system yet, but I have it for the PS2 and I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'm playing on pro and I've lost three games so far, two against Arizona and the third game against the Cubs in the opening series. I haven't tinkered around much with the roster, except to put myself in the rotation. I'm 2-0 with a one shutout so far, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoblack2880 View Post
    My rotation is what you would expect for the '07 Reds. Harang, Arroyo, Milton, Lohse, and Saarloos. Believe it or not, Milton is my best starter so far through April(tossed a no-hitter against Milwaukee). Saarloos has struggled at the back end.
    So far on my season Harang, Arroyo and Milton are dominant, with the back end struggling mightily. Prett believable, though Milton with a 2.59 ERA is a bit of a stretch. It's a console game, so I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    My rotation is hilarious:

F.Hernandez, Matt Cain, Matt Garza, Chris Capuano (my ace), and Paul Maholm (who stinks right now).

I've been dueling between this and my updated MVP 2005.

My MVP pitching rotation is just plain sick.

Brett Myers(FA-Signed for 3 years @ 2.70 mil per year)
    Francisco Liriano (Trade- He pitched in three games for the Twins, so I swooped in and stole him for peanuts)
    Aaron Harrang
    Chris Capuno (FA-His stats went through the rough and he doesn't have a pitch below 80 in ranking. He signed for 2.5 mil a year)
    Aaron Cook (FA- bombed with the Rockies, but I gave him a chance as a reds)

Bullpen
    Jesse Crain (Trade)
    Todd Coffey
    Bill Bray
    Brandon League (Toronto wouldn't use him at all, he was resting away in Triple A even after editing him)
    Josh Rupe
    Mike Gonzalez (Altanta gave him to me..Seriously, all they wanted was Miguel Perez and Gary Majewski)
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Okay, I finally got MLB 2k7 for the 360 last week. Wow. Not having played a baseball game since playing the EA Sports game on the PS1, it's amazing how many facets of the game you can manage. I'm getting pretty good at pitching, but my fielding needs work (I seem to hit the stick at the wrong time, resulting in the guy running way past the ball) and I strike out about 10 times a game. I seem to hit only HRs and singles and I'm not quite used to the "swing stick." I did unlock the 1976 Reds, but I've noticed that only Joe Morgan and Tony Perez have the proper names.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

All the players that havent appeared in the majors aren't listed by their real name. However they have made the players easy to recognize by making the player with the First letter in both the first and last name.

Example: Homer Bailey is Hugh Blumberg and Joey Votto is some guy that has the initials JV. That way it's easy to find, you just need to edit the anme.

Bought this game today, my online gamertag name is UnrealEclipse7 if you want to play with me. I'm still trying to get used to the hitting but it's a very fun game.

I stumbled across a major league bug: I couldn't advance to the playoffs after playing through an entire season. I went in search of others on the internet who had the same issue and it seems fairly common. An absolute game killer for me. Couple that with the ridiculous fielding prowess of the AI and I'm finished with this game.

2K is sooooo close and will eventually get it right. For now, I'll stick to OOTP 2007 and my trusty copy of MVP 2005.

Turn Off Ads?