Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Costner Closes Deal to Join 'Superman'

Kevin Costner Closes Deal to Join 'Superman'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...al-join-168940

Kevin Costner has closed a deal to join the cast of Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' new Superman movie being directed by Zack Snyder.

Costner will join a group of actors that so far includes Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel and Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Superman's adopted Earth mother.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Kevin Costner Closes Deal to Join 'Superman'

I'm liking this movie already.

Another Superman reboot with another Superman origin story. I've also read that the villain will be General Zod. While I do like Zod, it's just another rehash.

I for one am tired of superhero movies- I find them very boring. I guess I'm the only one because the market will be super saturated with them this year, and in 2012.

Martha Kent keeps getting younger. I still think of Diane Lane as Cherry from The Outsiders. I wonder why none of the actors in that movie ever did anything else.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm still kinda bitter by how he totally whiffed on "The Postman" -- which was a very good book and an absolutely miserable movie.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in IL View Post
    Another Superman reboot with another Superman origin story. I've also read that the villain will be General Zod. While I do like Zod, it's just another rehash.

I for one am tired of superhero movies- I find them very boring. I guess I'm the only one because the market will be super saturated with them this year, and in 2012.
    On occasion a new superhero movie will come out that I really like, such as the first 'Iron Man", but I have found the majority to be boring.
    Superhero movies seem to fill the place than westerns had decades ago in being a genre that audiences love.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I think there have been a mix of very good (Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Iron Man, X-Men) good (Spiderman II), serviceable (Spiderman I, last Hulk movie, last Superman, Iron Man II) and just plain bad (FF, Spiderman III) superhero movies. The problem seems that too often the producers just want to get something into theaters because they know people will go see it.

The constant rebooting is what is getting to me. How many Hulk movies do you need? FF looked like the SyFy channel movie of the week.

I agree with tixe....but that's Hollywood for you.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I think there have been a mix of very good (Batman Begins/Dark Knight, Iron Man, X-Men) good (Spiderman II), serviceable (Spiderman I, last Hulk movie, last Superman, Iron Man II) and just plain bad (FF, Spiderman III) superhero movies. The problem seems that too often the producers just want to get something into theaters because they know people will go see it.
    I absolutely love Superhero movies but even I recognize the over saturation of them. But what are you gonna do, if you like them you'll go see them and if you don't you'll find another way to spend your entertainment dollars. Just like 3-D movies, don't intend to watch them but from an outsider they seem to be getting out of hand in a hurry.

Coming Soon: Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America, X-Men: First Class (Professor X, Magneto and the 1st mutant class origins) Superman, (hopefully another Batman), and I believe at some point an Avengers movie (non animated).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I absolutely love Superhero movies but even I recognize the over saturation of them. But what are you gonna do, if you like them you'll go see them and if you don't you'll find another way to spend your entertainment dollars. Just like 3-D movies, don't intend to watch them but from an outsider they seem to be getting out of hand in a hurry.

Coming Soon: Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America, X-Men: First Class (Professor X, Magneto and the 1st mutant class origins) Superman, (hopefully another Batman), and I believe at some point an Avengers movie (non animated).
    Oh and Wonder Woman as well.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Oh and Wonder Woman as well.
    Wonder Woman is going to be a TV show produced by David Kelley.

I warn you, it sounds terrible. Wonder Woman works in an office or something.

Not sure if it is going to be a movie as well.

I grew up a huge Superman (DC Comics) fan. Haven't seen a Superman movie made that I've liked. The last one wasn't bad, but I hated the Reeve's movies, and his portrayal.

They finally did Batman some justice in the last couple. So when they going to do the same with Superman and quit making him such a yutz?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I grew up a huge Superman (DC Comics) fan. Haven't seen a Superman movie made that I've liked. The last one wasn't bad, but I hated the Reeve's movies, and his portrayal.

They finally did Batman some justice in the last couple. So when they going to do the same with Superman and quit making him such a yutz?
    Blashphemy! Ha ha j/k. The first movie seemed amazing when I was a kid, but it is hilariously dated now. I would say that Reeves was pretty perfect as Superman and as Clark Kent. Also, I think the first 30-45 minutes of the first movie are basically perfection, probably the best superhero origin story ever put on film. But Lex was just sort of silly, and Ned Beatty was in it for some reason, and all of a sudden Superman is turning back time by spinning the world backwards (seriously, that is the dumbest thing in movie history), and yeah it was pretty bad.

EDITED TO ADD: When are they going to put Batman and Superman in a movie together??? God I wish they would just do a movie of Dark Knight Returns. "I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you." Possibly my favorite scene in any comic ever.
    Last edited by top6; 03-21-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    "I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you." Possibly my favorite scene in any comic ever.

That was comics gold. I remember reading that book for the first time and being blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    When are they going to put Batman and Superman in a movie together???
    DC's comic World's Finest, which usually teamed up Superman-Batman, were one of my favorites.

"I want you to remember my hand at your throat... I want you to remember the one man who beat you." Possibly my favorite scene in any comic ever.
    There were a lot of great lines (exchanges) in Batman Begins too....

"To conquer fear, you must become fear. You must bask in the fear of other men. And men fear most what they cannot see. You have to become a terrible thought. A wraith. You have to become an idea! Feel terror cloud your senses. Feel its power to distort.. to control. And know that this power can be yours. Embrace your worst fears. Become one with the darkness."

"You haven't beaten me. You have sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke."

"Crime cannot be tolerated. Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding."

The final battle scene on the train between Batman and Ra's al Gul....

Ra's al Ghul: Have you finally learned to do what is necessary?
    Batman: I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?